Hello! I have an old aunt who lives in the house near mine. She is seventy and she has cataract on her both eyes. She is almost unable to perform her every day activities and her vision is getting worse. For example, she can’t even go to the grocery alone. My family is always there to help her but I think she would be much happier if she could do some things on her own. She needs a cataract surgery but she has no insurance. I have some money but I don’t know how much does a cataract surgery cost.

Hello! Cataract surgery costs vary. It depends on the surgeon, type of the treatment, the facility and additional services. Patients with more serious conditions will probably require more expensive cataract surgery. The cost may vary from 2.000 USD to 5.000 USD. Since your aunt has no insurance maybe you can try to contact a social worker or a community agency and see if there is a way they can help people facing financial and medical problems. I am sure that there are programs which provide cataract surgeries for free for people who have no money to pay.

Try MissionCataractUSA.org

Mission cataract is a wast of time. They have scores of people on waiting lists and you have to be as poor as a pauper to even be considered. You are better off going overseas where the doctors are less expensive...almost even reasonable...The cost in Europe, the Czech Republic for instance for a simple cataract procedure is around 1,ooo dollars; compare that to the US where it is somewhere between 3 and 5 thousand. Greedy little you know whats in the Good ole USA!!!