Hi, I suffer from ptosis and I need some efficient treatment, apart from surgery. I believe that my condition doesn’t require surgery. What are available options?

Hi, it would be dangerous to leave ptosis untreated, and usually all cases require a surgical treatment. If ptosis is left untreated, it can permanently damage vision by forcing the unaffected eye to do all the work while letting the affected eye develop further deterioration. However, there is an option for you to avoid surgery. There are ptosis crutches available to be attached to the frame of eyeglasses to hold up the eyelid. Regular use of ptosis crutches is uncomfortable and usually not well tolerated. So, at the end you will realize about all the advantages of surgery, which provides a permanent relief.

Hallo,
The fact is that ptosis is mostly noticed in infants but it can also happen to adults. How old are you and how long have you been having this problem? There are several things that might cause ptosis. For instance this can be caused by injury, which than you will need a surgery. It is also an ageing process as well, but some conditions like diabetes, stroke, brain tumor might all be the cause of ptosis. You have to first know the cause of your ptosis and then you can treat it accordingly. Talk to your doctor to see what caused it and see if you can get rid of the underlying condition.
All the best to you,
Karen