Hello, folks. My wife has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that this disease can bring many problems, so I would like to find out something more. I am especially interested in treatment approaches for MS-associated sexual difficulties. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Sexual dysfunction is indeed one of the problems of people with MS. Since the nerves are the ones that are affected, then those that are important for sexual intercourse can also be affected. Don’t forget that spinal cord is also important for sexual pleasure. Women can have problems with lubrication and clitoris swelling. It is important that you show some level of understanding. It doesn’t mean that you will have to give up sex. You will just have to adjust a little. I hope you’ll manage. Bye!

Hello, folks. Sexual dysfunction is a common problem for people with MS. The treatment procedures are complicated. I recommend you to find a sex therapist. He should have experience in this field. Many women with MS are recommended to take estrogen creams. They can help in lubricating vagina, so the sexual intercourse won’t be painful. I hope this will help a little. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, everyone. Sexual dysfunction can be a problem for people with MS. I think that the most important thing here for them is to have understanding of their partner. These people should stimulate these areas. You should also change sexual poses. You can find the ones that are the most suitable for your wife and you. You should talk to her and see what she is comfortable with. I agree that you should find a sex therapist that is experienced in this area. I hope everything will be fine. Bye!