My last period was on the 24 of december. I had unprotected sex on the 5th twice. The next day I spotted a little. I read about implantation bleeding but isnt that to soon? I also started feeling light cramps. I don't know if I am being paranoid or if i really am pregnant. Ive been doing a lot of research and none of them really answer my questions.

Dear Michelle

You don't say when your next period is due (or the length of your cycle). If you have a 28-day cycle, then 5th Jan would have been a very fertile day with ovulation expected to occur 7th Jan. Implantation would not be expected to occur until several days later. Even if you ovulated 5th Jan, you would not expect implantation until 11th at the earliest.

However, that does not mean you will not get pregnant. But you are still within the 5-day limit for EC like ellaOne.

Hope that helps

Thank you so much for answering. I dont know how long my cycle is. I dont keep track. My next period is at the end of the month.

If your period really is due at the end of the month, then you were probably not fertile on 5th Jan. When did your period start in November?

can someone help me please i have been on my pill i took it wed thursday friday we had sex the weddensdsy after i started it took it thurs friday was sick on friday because id been drinking , took it ever scince i was on my 7 day break there and it didnt and hasnt came im so scared i am pregnant , but i get late peirods but never been this long i dont thing its been 11 days , im still taking my pill incase , plz someone help me out

Dear Shannon

Let's have some specific dates to help.

1. What date did your last 'period' start?
  2. What date did you have sex?
  3. Which dates were your 7-day break?
  4. Which pill are you on?

Yes, keep taking the pill

my last Period was suposed to come 2weeks ago. On wedensday it hasn't came I had sex the 1 month and 2 weeks ago that was when I started my cycle again took it right up till 2weeks ago im on the loestrin 30 , I have took my pill right except that 1 night I was sick because we were drinking and I do get ilregular peirods , shud I be worryd dealt I feel I was protected but im sorting cuz inmm late but im always late :( im only 17

I got my period on november 15. I always get it around that time but on December I was 10 days late which is why I got it the 25th

Dear Michelle (or Chellz)

You really need to give actual dates (i.e. 24th Dec) rather than something like 'Monday about two weeks ago'. Also You say that your last period was on 24th Dec, then later said it was 25th.

You must take your pills correctly! It doesn't appear you are doing so. I suggest talking to your doctor about this.

Loestrin 30 is called a monophasic pill. This means that each tablet has the same dose of hormones in it. One tablet is taken every day for 21 days and you then have a seven-day break. During that seven day break, the levels of the hormones in your blood fall, and this leads to a withdrawal bleed that is similar to your normal period. You should then start the next pack after those seven pill-free days are up, even if you are still bleeding.

These tablets come in a pack marked with days of the week to help you remember to take a pill every day for three weeks, followed by one week off. You would still be protected against pregnancy in your pill-free week, provided you took all the pills correctly, you start the next packet on time and nothing else happened that could make the pill less effective (eg sickness, diarrhoea, or taking certain other medicines).

The general advice is that if you vomit within two hours of taking a pill, it may not have been fully absorbed into your bloodstream. You should therefore take another pill as soon as you feel well enough and take your next pill at your usual time. You should still be protected from pregnancy. You didn't say what time you took your pill and what time you vomitted.

The way these pills work is that the daily dose of hormones taken in the pill trick your body into thinking that ovulation has already happened, and so prevents an egg from ripening and being released from your ovaries. The hormones also increase the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of your womb, which makes it more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb and reach an egg. The quality of the womb lining (endometrium) is also changed which makes it less likely that any fertilised egg could implant.

So the long and the short of it is that it is difficult to tell. I suggest you take a pregnancy test, for you shouldn't take the pills once you are pregnant. The fact that your previous 'period' was late is a bit concerning.

I hope this helps

Did you copy and past this of the internet ? I know about the pill , what im saying is i was on my 7 day break and haven't had my peirod . But iv been taking it correctly

Some of that I got from website information because you gave the impression of not knowing what you were doing with the pill, and that was to try and help. You were saying that you were 10 days late with your November 'period'. I do not think that should happen with Loestrin 30. If you had been taking that every 21 days with a 7 day break, then as you expected some bleeding on 15th Nov, you should have expected bleeding 12th Dec, then 9th Jan.

You now say that you are on your 7-day break, but still have not given dates of what happened and when it happened. You didn't say that previously. Your sentences have been quite muddled. You said "took it ever scince i was on my 7 day break". But if you are currently on your 7-day break, how come that you are 11 days late? But then you said "im still taking my pill incase".

If you want some help, then provide a time-line with actual dates, and write in proper sentences so that you can be understood. Otherwise, just take a pregnancy test.

Ok well lets go on this im on my pill a year and a half I have never missed it always took it at 8am , I get 7 day break every 21 days for my peirod to come , but I have ilregular ones and that means some times I miss my peirod during the 7 day break before , its just it hasn't came at all this week and im now over my peirod so it should have been here 11days ago and last a week as usual then bak to my pill , al im saying is iv missed my peirod but shouldn't I be protected if if taken the pill correct ?

Yes, you should be protected if you have taken the pills correctly (although there is never 100% guarantee). The fact you vomited in the evening but took your pill in the morning should mean that you were still covered. If you completely miss two periods, you should take a test.

Ok thanks , I'll wait it out x