Hi I want to know if you can still become pregnant if only on BC for a week. Me any my boyfriend had sex 3 days after my period and I only been on BC for a week. then we had sex again 6 days later. I been feeling real sick lately nausea, headaches, light cramping, dizzy etc. I am feeling all of the symptoms of pregnancy. I never felt like this when I am having pre-menstrual symptoms. Also I have got my period a week before I was suppose to. I am not for sure if its pregnancy symptoms. Please Help. %-)

ONCE you have been on birth cotnrol for one week, then you are protected against pregnancy!

The first month or 2 on birth control will seem strange because you will have nausea, and pregnancy like symptoms from the hormones.

My doctor has always told me before and whenever I switch pills, to always use a second form of protection for atleast a month to allow your body to get used to the pill. Definitely check with you OB to find out.

Many docs will say wait a month, because health care professionals know women will forget etc..

BUT, it is only necessary to actually take the pill a week for it to be effective.

The pill package info also states this =)

Well the only thing I can suggest is if you feel you are safe after a week, thats your judgement. If I were you, I wouldnt take a chance, I would use a backup. I wouldnt want to make a bad choice, get pregnant, and have to decide whether abort a baby (which shouldn't be an option, or use it for a birth control by having multiple abortions) or to have the baby and keep it or put it up for adoption.

I would suggest that you listen to your doctor. They are the medical professionals. Also, remember that while on BC some antibiotics can make the BC ineffective.