I have been experiencing thin stool for some time now. I have always had trouble with constipation and the feeling of bloating. I also have a lot of gas. My stools have always been thin at times but now they seem to always be thin and this morning it was furry like or maybe mucus on it. I have been constipated again for a couple days. I was wondering what may be causing this and if I can wait until my next check up to discuss this with my doctor

I would suggest you go as soon as possible to a Gastro-Intestinal specialist. This is the GI tract doctor, that'll know about your digestive tract. If your stool is furry you should probably worry if you have an intestinal fungus, or some kind of problem with the mucus wall lining your intestines in general. The point of your intestines to is absorb the digested materials from the food that you ate after it has been broken down. The walls of your intestines do this absorbtion along with secreting a soluble mucus to help smoothe passage of this soon to be stool. If your intestines are coating the stool with some fuzzy mucus or if you are nto absorbing enough water from the stool in your intestines or a million other things, you should go get yourself checked out immediately to avoid serious complications that could result in diseases that you do NOT want to live with. Lets hope you don't need a colonoscopy, cuz they don't put you to sleep for that procedure.

Guest wrote:

They do put you to sleep for colonoscopys.

They do not put you to sleep for a colonoscopy. They give you a sedative, but you are not put under. Unless you are in a hospital setting. During a routine colonoscopy, the sedative allows you to talk during the procedure, but you will not remember the procedure.

I agree. They gave you something to calm down, you are awake and than they will do a colonoscopy. Of course, if this situation is more complicated than doctors believe, there is a huge chance that they will put you under the anesthesia.

It seems to me that we are talking about some infection in here. Some bacteria and viruses can cause abdominal pain and mucus in stools and I do believe that this happens to so many people. Anyway, these infectious agents can also cause fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. If you notice any of those symptoms, that is it. 

No it doesn’t you are put to sleep

Yes they do

I had an edoscopy and they most definitely put me to sleep as they will for my colonoscopy. I can't believe this is even up for debate.

You don’t get put to sleep for a Colonoscopy? Are you Flinstoneville? Just for saying c**p like this .. I’m not taking you serious!