I am a 22 year old female who was in good health prior to the start of my stomach problems.

Abdominal pain for over 1 week. Yesterday, went to my primary doctor who sent me to he ER since the pain was mostly on the right side. The ER ran blood tests, urine tests, ct scan of abdomen and pelvis (drank contrast and had iv contrast), pelvic exam, and ultrasound. All of which came out with normal results. The ct scan did show some stool on the right side. Otherwise, my abdominal pain had an uncertain cause. ER doctor told me to get some magnesium citrate to see if that would help the pain. Before I took it, I had some yellow-gold diarrhea which was an effect from the contrast. Took the magnesium citrate and had several more bouts of liquid stool during the night and morning. Now, I am extremely fatigued and have abdomen pain all over. Is this from the diarrhea? I quite honestly feel worse than when I went into the ER.

Your primary doctor sent you to the ER because you may have appendicitis, a potentially life-threatening situation. Apparently your ER doctors have decided that you don't have appendicitis, and that the dried stool on the right side may have been the cause of your pain. So they prescribed magnesium citrate, a chemical laxative, to treat your constipation. What they did not tell you is that abdominal pain is also one of the side effects of magnesium citrate. You feel fatigued because of loss of body fluid due to the chemical laxative. It is important that you drink plenty of fluid to replace what is being lost. If your abdominal pain should persist, you will need to see a gastroenterologist right away or go back to the ER. You may have some other problems. I wish you the best.

Thank you for your response!

I have some other symptoms that developed over the last day or so. Frequent urination - liquids seem to go right through me. Eye/Visual problems - they feel heavy, almost as if I'm in a fog. is this related??

Have you ever been tested for diabetes?

Yes, but the tests were all normal.