i have been trying to conceive for a year but i haven't had any luck. i have pcos and my doctor has put me 2 different types to help me get pregnant but it hasn't worked and i getting frustrated. can anyone give me any hints or ideas to try and increase my chances. please?

Hi Dannii,

You obviously are at your doctors quite often if you have PCOS also do you see a fertility specialist too?  It may take a bit more intervention then that if finances allow this.  If not able to see fertility doctor best advice is to have sex all the time as your ovulation/fertile time might be off due to the PCOS.

Good luck and hope this helps

Community Administrator

Are you on Metformin? If not, it is something you might want to look into. 

the doctor has me on pharmacor metformin and elevit

if fertilty s[ecialist would bulk bill i would see them, besides my doctor wont send me to one any way

Due to the PCOS? I know, fertility specialists are very expensive. What part of the world do you live in?

Have you been pregnant before? Any children?

adelaide, australia. and i havent been pregnant before

One thing that I do know about PCOS is that USUALLY after one pregnancy it 'fixes' the PCOS somehow and makes subsequent pregnancies easier to conceive and delivery. Is fertility specialists expensive in Ausralia as well as in Canada?

they are about 1300 i think in australia

Around 3 - 5,000 depending on what procedure is getting done in Canada. Ridicilous that they are so much as everyone should be given the opportunity at least once to experience the miracle of life growing in you.

its unfair to many women

Absolutely agree to that!