Hi all. I am 26 years old and currently suffering from post pill ammenorhea and have been TTC for 6 months. The doctor won't do anything for me until i've been 8 months without a period and its driving me insane. The worst part is never knowing whats going on in there. I haven't even had so much as a drop of blood come out of me in the last 6 months.

If anybody can sympathise with my situation and tell me what steps will be taken for a person in my situation, that would be great. I'm so worried that I'll be trying to concieve for years. Will I go on clomid first and will they test my husband before I start drug treatment? I know that its my fault that we can't conceive but I would hate to go through months of drug treatment only to find that there's something wrong with him too :-( 

I was on the pill for 8 years trying to avoid pregnancy and now that I want a baby, I can't make my body work which is the most frustrating situation in the world!!!!

Hello! Just keep telling yourself - only 2months of this crappy not knowing left to go through until something can be moved forward- and knowing mother nature you'll book an appointment to see your doc then you'll come on your period that morning!!!!!!! Someone i know went through hormone treatment and IVF but she has PCOS - her OH was tested too. I dont know for sure, but it would make a lot of sense for them to test your husband before putting you through hormone therapy - as it would be much cheaper (that depends if you live in UK or have to pay for healthcare - if you have to pay they may want to get money out of ya) At the end of the day its your future, you can ask them to check him first - otherwise it may not be suitable to put your body through that! The gal i know with PCOS waited around a yr& hlf before getting a period after the pill - but obv her situation is different! And its not your fault - you're like any other sensible woman - you wanted to wait so you could provide a better life for your child!If you've had periods before the pill Im sure all will be fine - you're still young! And the pill has not been shown to affect anyones fertility long term! Good luck! - hopefully next time you're on here, it'll be on the baby section :) x

I'm in Australia so we get some things on medicare which covers generally public health care but I don't think it stretches as far as fertility testing. I've recently gotten my own private health cover but I'm going to have to increase it in order to be covered immediately for fertility treatments.

I had a blood test after 4 months without a period and the doctor said that all of my hormones appear to be perfectly balanced and he doesn't believe I have PCOS so that was a relief as it seems many women on here are suffering with PCOS. I started my period quite late at 16 and a half and by the time I was approaching 18, I was on the pill. Before the pill, I didn't have periods once monthly to the day but I never waited more than 3 months.

Thanks for the feedback Jen. I really hope that I can update this in a couple of months and say that baby number one is in the oven.  

Well thus far I don't have a positve update. Several more blood tests after 6 months with no period and they now think that I might have PCOS after all. However the ultrasound showed cysts on my ovaries but they weren't the normal size of PCOS cysts but smaller so they're not sure.

So that means I'm booked in to see a gynaecologist and hopefully she or he can make a diagnosis because I think that even if I do have PCOS then a diagnosis will atleast help along the path of treating it so that I can have children. Its very strange though because I don't show the regular symptoms of PCOS such as excess hair growth, deep voice etc.

Oh well, my appointment is next Thursday so I should get some answers soon hopefully. FINGERS CROSSED XXXXXXXXX