Ok so here is the deal my husband and I have been trying for a year and 4 months back in sept. 08 my doctor told me I had pcos. we decided to countinue on our own trying and continue with blood work and everything else under the sun. We finally made an app. This Monday with the doc to get on infertility meds. Problem is I haven't seen him in 3 months and I'm afraid he is going to make me wait to do more test before we can start with the meds. I just want him to start me on them and I don't know how to tell him that or what questions to ask him. My husband and I are just ready its been really heartbreaking not being able to concieve on our own. By the way he is 24 I am 21 both in very good health except the pcos. So if anybody could give us some advice on what to ask what to tell him as far as the meds. Also wich one work the best for those who used infertility meds.

Thank you and please answer soon

Hi hon: I just did some research for you and found the following information:

You might consider joining the soulcycters.net website. I was diagnosed and have found much comfort and support from the women that I have met there. The site is free and was started by a Dr. who e-mails you research articles and other informative bits of information along with the great info that you get from just being there and being free to talk about you and your body!

Husbands and Mothers don't seem to have any idea how talk to you about this syndrom! They always say relax and it will happen. (As for as conception goes.) However from being on the site I can tell you that it is all in the individual. Your body and what it needs. Some girls get pregnant before they even begin infirtility treatment. I on the other hand start clomid next month. Some women become pregnant with ONLY metformin or other forms of insulin medication. Others need In vetro or ovarian drilling. I have a friend on teh site who first concieved with the drilling and now is PG with her second with ONLY clomid. You just never know! Get yourself a good Reproductive endocrenologist and start your journey!

Answer
My Aunt had your typical PCOS, periods every 3 months and has four biological daughters, no fertility meds taken. Her daughter who has PCOS took clomid to conceive. Speak to your doctor about meds to help you conceive. Metformin, Glucophage, Clomid, Injectibles. Also there are alternatives you could try. The herb Vitex has been known to help many, not everyone. Fertiltiy Blend, Maca, just to name a few.

Yes you can get pregnant with this syndrome. I am 26 years old and I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2000. I had been off birth control since I was 18 and never got pregnant. The doctor always tried to put me on it to help make my period regular and I declined because I wanted kids. I too had a surgery to remove 41 cysts in 2001 and havent had to have another one yet. My periods were never regular. I also tried metaformin still no pregnancy. Then January of this year I got pregnant. Miscarriage rate is 40% for someone with PCOS, but I took metformin that my OB recommended to reduce the risk and I had a health boy this September. I had already adopted children a few years ago, because I had felt there was no hope and it just seemed as thou I would never have my own children, I finally gave up and that is when I got pregnant. My first sign of pregnancy was the sore breasts. So, keep your head up.
posted 10/28/2007 by josiah_2688
Report this answer {"ajaxResult": { "errors": "", "addedItemId": "", "loggedIn": "false", "url": "" } }

Was this answer helpful?
42 out of 43 found this answer helpful
Thank you!
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I did not find this out until my husband and I had been trying to conceive for 6 months and were unsuccessful. My periods were very irregular and occurring only every 3 months as well as other symptoms including excessive chin hair, acne, and a high testosterone level. We were fortunately able to conceive with the help of a combination of Provera, Clomid, and Metformin that my OB/GYN prescribed. Due to the irregular periods, Provera induced a period and Clomid and Metformin allowed me to ovulate. We conceived on the very first cycle! I am now 6 weeks pregnant and will continue to take Metformin throughout my first trimester per my OB/GYN to help in the prevention of miscarriage. I was told that by taking Metformin, my risk will be lowered to the same % as any other normal woman during pregnancy. Please don't lose hope. I am living proof that it IS possible! Godd luck to everyone!
posted 11/29/2007 by Anonymous

Was this answer helpful?
25 out of 25 found this answer helpful
Thank you!
I don't know if this was just a coincidence, but I was diagnosed with PCOS a month ago, was put on Metformin and got pregnant 4 days after I started the medication. I have heard though, that it is very common to get pregnant once you start taking Metformin. Good luck!
posted 10/08/2007 by Anonymous

Was this answer helpful?
30 out of 42 found this answer helpful
Thank you!
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 05' while seeing a fertility specialist. I had had 3 previous pregnancies on my own, without the help of a doctor, in a span of 6 years that all ended up with miscarriage. Finally the doctor I was seeing diagnosed me with PCOS and put me on Metformin, baby asparin, a carb free diet, and fertility shots since I only ovulate a couple of times a year due to PCOS. On the third round, I conceived and she put me on progesteone among the other meds to help me hold the pregnancy. While it was hard, and I almost lost him at 7 weeks and ended up on bedrest almost the whole pregnancy, I am now the proud mother of a very healthy 6 month old baby boy. I am also trying for a another one since I heard that those with fertility problems have an easier time getting pregnant naturally the second time around. Good luck and keeping trying.
posted 11/20/2007 by Anonymous

Was this answer helpful?
16 out of 16 found this answer helpful
Thank you!
i was diagnosed with pcos about 2 years ago also, and i never went and had any fertility drugs, i had no help from any doctor and september of 06 i found out that i was 2 and a half months pregnant, so there is hope, and the only thing that i can tell everyone that is struggling with pcos is hang in there it is possible im proof, i now have a health 5 and a 1/2 month old little boy. The only changes that i had mad was cutting caffeen out of my diet, no soda no cofee, i just drank water for four months straight and bam next thing i knew i was pregnant! The stress factor also place a big roll in getting pregnant, girls you just need to relax and enjoy sex dont think about getting pregnant. so more water less caffeen and enjoy sex! but i have a question if anyone can help me with it, we are tryin to have another baby (yeah i know it is soon) but is it going to be just as difficult to have a second child as it was the first? by the way it took 6 years for me to finally conceive.

I hope all of the above helps you, and I wish you nothing but luck and health. ALSO this is YOUR body and you tell the doctor what you want OK? Good luck hon!

Hi newbride42509, I noticed that it has been a few days since you last posted and that you should already be taking your fertility drugs. Has this happened yet? Did your doctor start doing more tests instead? I imagine that your doctor wouldn't since your issue is pretty straightforward but it's always possible, so please let us know if that's the case and if you need any additional support. That's what these forums are here for after all. We're all hoping that you're able to start taking the drugs so that you can finally conceive! Please let us know, okay?

:O so I went to the doc and we talked about me going on infertility treatments and he agreed so he put me on clomid 50mg and since I already was through my monthly I took the pills days 8 - 12 of my cycle and next month if we don't conceive ill be taking them days 5-9 my husband and I are having sex as much as we can if not everyday my only concern is will the clomid even work this first cycle and is there anything else we should be doing I am already on prenatels

Thank you and I will keep you posted if anything changes

Hi lovey: I hope this doesn't sound a bit OVER the top, but I will tell you what worked for me and others.

During and after the "act" have 2 or 3 pillows under your buttocks. So after your husband ejaculates, the sperm will have the extra help of reaching their destination by gravity. Keep like that and go too sleep - I actually didn't have a problem laying like that - except for my eyes being swollen like this in the morning .

I had a friend that even stood on her head!!!!! I wouldn't sugest that, but I hope you get the idea. It just helps the boys get to the girl!!!! Try and not make it a "job" though, you understand? It can be SOOO overwhelming that it takes up every thought and action. It's like "Honey, it's 3 oclock!!! Hurry lets get it over I have a an appointment at 4!!!"

ALL of the stress can really get to you can't it? Try and learn some relaxing techniques - breathing exercises, massage, aroma therapy, yoga that kind of thing. Anything too take your mind off of the major important thing in your life right now!!! you know what I mean? So get that oil out! Below is a list of oils that can be used as either Aromatherapy or difused in olive oil or grape seed oil for massage. I studied oils for a long time and used too make my own bath products so I know these are safe - so just enjoy it, you never know!!!

If you are trying to conceive naturally and find that it isn't happening quickly you may be feeling a little anxious. Would you be happy if there was a way to lower your anxiety symptoms and increase your fertility? There is - aromatherapy.

Aromatherapy is growing more and more popular and for a good reason. It's simple and non-invasive. You use essential oils, which are distilled and purified from various plants. Aromatherapy is simple to use at home and very safe. Just remember never to take essential oils internally.

There are several oils that are reported to help increase fertility. The first is Clary sage, a golden yellow oil. This earthy oil is said to help calm nerves and reduce stress. It is also considered to have aphrodisiac properties. Rubbed into the skin over the reproductive organs it is said to help balance estrogen levels and remedy infertility.

Rose essential oil is another great choice to increase fertility. It has a pleasing, soothing scent. Like Clary sage, it is said to have aphrodisiac properties. Rose is excellent for enhancing both male and female fertility. Have your man take warm (not hot) baths with several drops of rose oil in the water. You can do the same. This will increase sperm count in him and help enhance reproductive health in you.

Rosemary was traditionally woven into bridal headdresses because it was believed to grant fertility to young brides. The essential oil of rosemary is also seen to have fertility enhancing properties. Rosemary oil, diluted in gentle carrier oil, can be rubbed between the hip bones to help sooth inflammation in reproductive organs, or to help open blockages. Men may also find this helps.

Finally the versatile and ever pleasing lavender oil is useful for increasing fertility. Lavender is soothing and has slight aphrodisiac effects, both of which help to make lovemaking more pleasurable. This pleasure allows for the right temperature, lubrication, and alkalinity for conception to be present in the body. Lavender oil is wonderful equalizing oil and is gentle enough to be used right on the skin or as carrier oil for drops of other fertility enhancers.

Exploring aromatherapy for fertility enhancement is just plain fun. You will love to surround yourself with the luscious and pleasing scents. Cool oils also feel good rubbed into your skin. The relaxing properties of oils will help ease your mind, and of course aphrodisiac effects will help the baby-making events happen a little easier.

thank you for replying and yes I do try to keep my hips elevated after we have sex and since I am a house wife as of right now I try not to over do it. As far as thinking sex is a chore never lol I am very much always in the mood my husband is lucky eh. When we first got together when I had it my way it was about 6 times daily I love sex with my husband but now he has put me on a waiting list so to speak he gets tired. Sorry if tmi. That and he races stock cars pretty much every weekend so or sex life is as much as it used to be but we are still kickin and do it about 3- 5 times a week which isn't bad. We both enjoy it very much mostly because we can't get enough of each other sickening I know..

I have one other question I am very excited to become a mom scared but excited and I love to talk about it my husband on the other hand doesn't show very much emotion he says he wants it but sometimes I feel he is doing it just for me and no matter how many times I ask him he says the same thing .. is this normal or is my man secretly dreding having a baby at this point in time

Hi: I will try and show you my husbands face - using the emoticons - when after 1 attempt - WHICH my husband read that most couples take a full year of trying to conceive - the doctor said "It looks good out there! (implying that the test was positive!)

o.O o.O :$ :-) %-) o.O ? ! >:( %-) %-) %-) o.O o.O :O :O :O

So if you mix all of those in together, and include a look of "TAY NOT TOO CRY< TRY NOT TOO CRY!!!!" That was my husbands look!!! LOL

He thought it would be a year of pure bliss for him. Only a few men REALLY REALLY need a baby. And I use the word NEED because they want a family. But it is as though we NEED a baby isn't it?

Even when you are told that you are pregnant, your husband will still be the same, because it isn't real yet. BUT!!! When they see the babies heartbeat for the 1st time that's when it hits them! I remember my husband being the exact same way for 3 months, we went for one and it should showed a little squiggle. Then we went a few weeks later, and I saw his face - as he was looking at the monitor - when the technician hit on the babies heart and the room echoed with that beautiful sound. He had tears in his eyes and he was PUMPED!!!!!!! This o.O turned into this XD So your hubby will too! We feel it, they don't right. Then when your baby starts moving they can't keep their hands off of your stomach and start talking too them. I remember one night, we were spooning, my belly on my husbands back, and our son kicked him so hard. IT was really funny - a sign of things too come ;-) He was so freaked out about that.

Then when I delivered our boy, I was in a bad way, so my husband just held him for hours while I was being dealt with. I remember turning at one point and my husband and our sons eyes were just locked on each other. It was wonderful!!!!! And I wish you and your husband THAT moment, sooner than later.

Glad too hear your upto the challenge ;-) o.O Believe me HE WILL miss that after baby!!!! LOL So please keep me in the loop, I would love too find out that your dream has come true! Good luck, Bonne Chance! And all the health and happiness in the world!

Hi newbride42509, I'm so glad to hear that you're on some drugs now and you sound a lot more optimistic now. Of course, bambi always has good advice so listen to what she says too! And thanks for keeping us posted on what happens.