I had my thyroid removed because of papillary carcinoma 2 months ago.  I was put on 125 mcg/day of synthroid.  recent blood work indicated TSH,3rd Generation level at 0.7 and thyroglobulin at  less than 0.2 all other levels withing range.  The Endo changed dosage to 125mcg/for 6 days and 1/2 pill on Sunday.  If the levels are low, why was the synthroid not increased? 

Well, have you asked your doctor why the dosages are like this? You have every right to and obviously, you are the one who feels the consequences. But, I'm pretty sure that your doctor is, at this point, just being careful before you get to the normal ranges because of the damage that could be caused by too high dose of synthroid that can cause a proper hyperthyroidism. It's easier to deal with this situation, than to create more problems which way to easy with thyroid hormones (my best friend had her thyroid removed last month and because they still can't confirm if and how exactly were the nodules malignant, she's off the hormone and obviously can't do much about the whole situation).