I just had a blood test from a health fair. I had fasted for more than 10 hours at the time the sample was taken. Most of the tests came back fine, but my TSH 3rd generation was a 14.40. I have looked at the discussions for hypothyroidism and can't say that I have any of the symptoms other than restlessness. Could this just be an anomaly or should I get it checked out?

I would suggest getting it checked out. As a pharmacy student, I've learned a little about thyroid function and lab values (more to come in the future) and your TSH seems fairly high. Normal TSH runs between 0.4 and 4.50. TSH is secreted by the pituitary gland and is involved in a feedback loop with your thyroid and hypothalamus. To make a long story short, your pituitary will secrete more TSH when your body thinks it's not getting enough T3 or T4 (thyroid hormones). It will try to stimulate more thyroid activity. Otherwise, high TSH may indicate dysfunction of the pituitary or increased activity of the hypothalamus. Most likely, however, it will be the result of hypothyroidism. Although you may not be experiencing symptoms now, it's possible you might in the future. Normal thyroid function is essential in maintaining body homeostasis since it affects so many things. I would suggest seeing an endocrinologist or at least making sure to have your other thyroid levels checked (T3 and T4).