Hi. I’ve experienced an intermittent, involuntary twitching of my thumb recently. It lasted several days before it was gone and it was much worse at night time than in the mornings. Since beforehand I was outside during very cold day without any protection (gloves or similar) is it possible that the exposure to extreme cold have caused this?
Thanks for your responses.

HI. I’ve also recently experienced the twitching thumb and forefinger on my left hand. It lasted for a week and never returned again. I’ve asked around about it and I read it could be stress or illness induced but so far I did not determine the right cause in my case. Anyway, I think that it was nothing serious and that you will not experience it anymore.

i am only 12 years old and i have a twitching in my right thumb and i am totally freaked about it! it has been going on for 2-3 days. i was wondering if it would be parkinsions? alos my mother said it might be distonia for it runs in my family, please help me!

I am also having trouble with my left thumb. It starts twitching sporadicly and usually lasts a few minutes at a time. It is worse at night and is very hard to sleep because it is very distracting. I've had this problem for a few days and will take any advice I can get.

I read online usually that if it is a twitchy thumb/calf/eyelid it is pretty normal, due to stress...if it increases for a while you can go to the doctor. i heard that potassium may be a deficency...helps with this.

I have one too and it wakes me up at night very weird.

I have a twitching finger and thumb on my left have had it for months. Seen a neurologist and passed nuroloicl exam. And was told to follow up in 6 months or unless systoms progress. But concerned.