Well for the past two days, the bottom eyelid of my left eye has been constantly twitching. The twitching lasts for about 1 to 2 mins and then goes aways. Then after a short while in starts all over again. And now, the upper part of my cheek looks like its swollen, and feels weird, kind of like a numb feeling. And I'm wondering if its anything serious.

I have the same exact thing but on the right side. I was wondering if you figured any of it out?

I have the same thing in my right eye and it's been going on for a good two weeks. This morning while I was getting ready for work, I bent over to pick up some clothes and my nose started dripping blood. I'm not sure if the two are related. Have you found any information?

Well I've been suffering from a twitching just in the bottom eye lid..I can see it happen at times and its one of the most annoying things I have ever experienced. Its just plain irritating.

I really wish it would go away...but its either stress related (i.e. I have a stressful job and can't quit.) or its a vitamin deficiency that I can't correct as I have Crohn's disease and already take vitamin supplements.

So I just have to put up with it until it goes away... (Hopefully)

XD or just gouge my eye out...whichever comes first.

I have had the EXACT same thing happeneing to me with the twitching of the bottom left eye. it is so annoying :-( . if anyone has any info on this please tell me!!!!!! ! ! !

I have had an eye tremor for over a year. After seeing a specialist, it came about from a brain stem injury. I had a car accident earlier in the year and thought I was fine. Obviously not. 8-|

I have had it before and have been able to link it to caffeine intake.

When i had an eye twitch several years ago, the doctor prescribed valium, stating that the cause was probably stress related. I have since learnt that instead of taking valium, it is better to use a more natural relaxant such as camomile tea. Drinking Ginseng tea is also a good way to help your body deal with stress. Also, if the true cause is stress related, you may need to look at your lifestyle and make some changes. The main changes that i would suggest would be to introduce some form of exercise into your daily routine (if you do not exercise that is) and learn to change your attitude to how you handle situations. You may also be able to to remove yourself from situations which you find stressful. Learning to meditate may also assist some people.

I also experienced a left eye lid twitch that seemed to be related to caffeine intake. That's when I learned that you're supposed to water down cold brewed coffee. :-D

I found my left eye would twitch for a few days at a time... driving me nuts!
Shortly afterward, I realized it started happening after long drives in the car ( a period of driving for 3-12 hours). I went to an optometrist, and got glasses for driving, & although I barely need them - they remind me to wear sun glasses, help me see billboards a wee bit closer, and look pretty darn cool as well.

I learned glasses really are an accessory, dang it!

Now I've got tinted windows, too. I think glare, squinting and general over-use (I am also constantly reading &/or on the computer at work)caused my twitching.. with any stress taken care of just by knowing I was pampering myself a bit as well.

FOR ALL OF THE TWITCHING EYED PEOPLE!!

I used to have a horrible problem with my eyes twitching. It was both of my eyes, lower and upper lids, and the corners of my mouth. I went to a neurologist who practices both Eastern and Western medicine. He gave me a prescription for a Chinese herbal supplement. It is from a company called Blue Poppy Classics. It's called Tian Ma Gou Teng Yin.

Here is a list of the ingredients:
Hallotis diversicolor shell
Taxillus Chinensis
Uncaria, Polygonum multiflorum
Poria
Cyatula officinalis
Leonurus
Gastrodia
Gardenia
Scutellaria
Eucommia

I started taking two of these three times a day for one week and then two two times a day until my bottle was empty.

When I went back to the doctor for my follow-up appointment--one month later--ALL of my twitching had stop!! It feels so good to not have that problem anymore. It was affecting my social life and my confidence.

My doctor said that once the twitching has stopped, it barely ever comes back.

I always keep a bottle of the medicine on hand. I take it when I have a little twitching. I've only had to take it a few times since I've been back to the doctor.

I hope that I've helped anyone who has a twitching issue!!

--LinZ

hey ppl

I too have twitching eye. No problem. It is a stressful thing!!!

Twitching eye= Stress

Regards,]
From Malta

My Left eye does this. Im an engineering student, work 30 hrs/week and commute 100+ miles per day.

My gf is a nurse and said its Blepharospasm: an involuntary contraction of eyelid muscles caused by a local lesion in the eye, neurological irritation, or psychological stress....

Im thinking mines the stress

my left eye twitches all the time and it dont go away at all. sometimes it can go for hours upon end. i work at mcdonalds but thats not it. what does it is the caffine i take a day. about 8-12 monster energy drinks a day. thats the problem is the caffenie.

According to this link: , this was what has been listed. I also have this happening to the bottom left part of my eye lid as well, and I fall under: stressed, having lack of sleep, and prolonged staring at a computer (due to my job)...

-----------------------------------------------
Blepharospasm or eye twitching is believed to be caused by an abnormal functioning of certain nerve areas located at the base of the brain which control the coordination of muscle movements. In the majority of people it appears without any real known cause. Frequently, the signs and symptoms of dry eye occur right before or along with the appearance of eye twitching. Some research indicates that dry eye is a trigger for blepharospasm in those people who are may develop it. Occasionally eye twitching may run in families or be side effect of certain medications.

Other common causes of blepharospasm include:
-Stress
-Irritation of the Cornea or Conjunctiva
-Fatigue
-Lack of sleep
-Prolonged staring at a computer screen or television
-Nervous system disorders

Mild Eye Twitching
-Will usually go away on its own
-Cut down on stress
-Rest up

Severe Eye Twitching
-Medication (different depending on situation) usually to relax muscles
-Botox injections
-Surgery only for the severest of cases that hamper vision
Eye Twitch - Preventive Measures
-Stress management - keep stress under control
-Get plenty of sleep to keep eye muscles rested
-When in vision intensive scenarios such as computer work, take frequent breaks to give the eyes a break

I noticed that sometimes this twitching is also due to too much caffeine in your system as well, or that you're developing symptoms of caffeine withdrawal, but this is not recorded as medical information. This is based off my experience, of course. You should always seek medical attention, or a physician if this constantly occurs and you have other conditions that follow along with it that shouldn't be included.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed