On 9/10/2007 I had a perimesencephalic hemorrhage (vein rupture in the midbrain). I returned to work after four weeks and I had a follow-up CAT scan in December in which the neurosurgeon said there was minor swelling and no abnormalities. This was a very brief visit! I continued to have headaches the remainder of the school year. Due to the stress of the position, I resigned hoping the headaches would stop. They didn't. I saw my family physcian and she believed they were tension headaches and prescribed naproxen, citalopram, and amitriptyline which has helped but to this date I still have daily headaches to some extent. The headaches are more intense if I am(1) substituting or working at a minor church position - which I enjoy both, (2) not taking in enough fluids, (3) being in the heat for a extended period of time, (4) lifting anything heavy, or (5) participating in a physical activity. Numbers four and five can quickly cause a 7-8 rated headache. OTC meds do not help at any time. From what I've read about tension headaches, they do not feel like this type of headache. Before deciding to receive additional medical assistance I would like to know what possibly could be causing the headaches. Before the hemorrhage I had minor migraines only about three times a year and they were easily treatable. The current headaches do not feel like migraines either. I did not have any other headaches. Now I live daily with a headache, go to bed and get up with a headache - either minor or severe. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks so much!

That's very strange if you're feeling these headaches but do you think that it's due to the migraines? Headaches are very frustrating because there are too many sources for them and it makes it difficult to diagnose. Can you give me ideas of any other symptoms you might be having? I'd like to know if there's anything else...