About 4 years ago, I had all the symptoms of subarachnoid hemorrhage. I researched, and found it was unlikely I was having a stroke since my young age, but nonetheless all the symptoms were there. I went into the emergency room several days later, complaining of stroke symptoms and I they took CAT scan and everything 'checked out' there with brain tumors ext...I had decreased consciousness, numbness, and sudden severe headache, blurred vision especially on my right side.

I am a stroke survivor. For the nearly two weeks that I spent in the hospital the word "stroke" was never used in conjunction with my diagnosis. It was after I was discharged and had begun my research in earnest since I never heard of a subarachnoid hemorrhage. When I repeatedly received matches for strokes I armed myself with the research for my follow-up visit. My doctor who performed both of my angiograms said that "yes, a subarachnoid hemorrhage could be considered a stroke," though he was non-pulsed by any questions that followed in that vein. He referred me to a neurologist. That was when I first received verification that indeed I had suffered a stroke.