It’s been almost two months now that I have this headache that won’t let me have normal life. My cousin say I have tension type headaches for during a headache I have a feeling like someone has tightened my head and it is followed by neck pains and it usually happens that I get them in the morning after waking up. So is there anybody to explain me something about these tension type headaches if that’s what I have.

It’s more likely you have these tension type headaches but I would advice to check it with your doc. Anyway those are the tension type headache symptoms for I suffer too from tension headache and I’m very familiar with that sensation of tightness around the head and even these headaches are usually mild or moderate they can have tough impact of your daily life. Other symptoms may also be neck and shoulders tenderness, insomnia, fatigue, loss of appetite and concentration trouble. And as for the causes there doesn’t have to be no specific reason for having tension-type headache but they’re usually related to muscle contraction and depressive headache. For you would be important to talk to your doc and to explain to him your condition describing the head pain you have so he would be able to get you a specific treatment for I think that you have a chances that these headache become chronic and it needs to be treated. I say this for if it’s not treated you risk having anxiety and depression problems also.

I, too, suffer from tension headaches. They tend to come at the same time everyday. I used to get them 2x a year but now they come more regularly. It is important to try to stop them at the onset and you will recover quicker. In the past, Tylenol 3 is the only thing that worked for me but then I started having rebound headaches from the medication. My doctor prescribed a muscle relaxer to try this time around. I'm anxious to see if it works. Regular massages on just your upper back, shoulders, and neck are also very helpful.