I am suspicious of having some cornea scar that could cause me some serious vision complications and am prescribed only some eye drops to reduce the inflammation of the inside of my eye I was told I have. Anyway I have injured my left eye about 10 days ago and ever since that my eye is reddish and is sensitive on light and I thought it would go away on its own but finally I started having also eye pain and some dark floating spots appeared in my vision field that is decreased significantly so I went to an ophthalmologist who determined I have some cornea scar that have caused me all those symptoms or precisely infection. Is this dangerous and how the heck those eye drops could be of any help? Thanks much!

Those eye drops are actually corticosteroids that work as anti-inflammatory meds. I also had the same therapy when I was diagnosed with uveitis-that was caused by some infection that among other symptoms were manifested with some cornea scar also. Cornea scar appears after eye injury but also in patient with some organic disease such us diabetes. It is more likely you have this cornea scar due to the eye injury you had and it all resulted in this infection that in mild cases could be managed with corticosteroid eye drops. Anyway I remember those eye drops haven't helped me so I was prescribed some another treatment using some cytotoxic agent.

Hi, I have had a corneal abrasion now for 3 weeks!, it is causing so much upset. I have been prescribed pred forte and oxflacin - so a steroid and antibiotics. I have also have Vit A for the evening before I go to bed.
3 weeks is such a long time. Anyone else had one? I don't see it healing either presently. I have to return to the dr next week and I personally think he doesn't know why it is taking such a long time to heal. He has made me go to a second opinion which I went, and he said it looked normal And now this doctor wants me to see a third opinion. I have an appointment in a months time. I am getting married in 3 weeks time. I got this all through wearing my contact lenses for a long day whilst it was irrating me and I never took it out. :-(