Hello, folks. I hurt my eyes on my job. While I was working, I accidentally cut my cornea. I have vision problems. I would like to know how soon my vision will improve after cutting cornea accidentally. I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hello. The superficial cuts made in cornea are also known as corneal abrasions. As I said, they are usually superficial. Therefore, typical cases have good prognosis. Cornea usually heals itself. The vision returns in several days. However, if the abrasion is deep, then scaring is possible. If the healing of abrasion is not properly, then there is recurrent corneal erosion (RCE). RCE can appear months or even years later. Symptoms are the same. Check about the details with an ophthalmologist.

Hi there,

You have to understand that this will not just fix itself on its own. It is very necessary that you see your doctor about this. Do you have any bleeding in your eyes? Do you have any pain? Vision may be much damaged up to the process of possible losing your vision. You need to take good care of your eye and you will need some eye drops for the process of recovery. When did you have this injury? You have to know that if the injury is too deep that it can affect your vision to be blurred or you might even have double vision. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,

Danella