Hello, folks. I was experiencing blurred vision and it bothered me, so I went to n ophthalmologist. After examination, he told me I had astigmatism. However, he mentioned I had it only in one eye. I wonder whether this is possible at all. I would really like to hear what you think about this.

Hello to you too. Astigmatism is a mild eye condition. Usually cornea is not shaped properly, so it refracts light irregularly. The object that should fall on retina is blurred. I think astigmatism can affect one eye. Usually, this condition is present at birth. However, it takes time to manifest. You shouldn’t worry a lot, since you can wear eyeglasses or contact lenses. Nevertheless, feel free to ask your ophthalmologist everything you are interested in. It is his job to answer your questions as well. Good luck!

Hi there,
I think that this is possible because your eyes can have different condition independently from another eye. What kind of treatment did he tell you that you need? I am not sure if this is the best option there is but I think that you would benefit from eye contacts. Have you considered this as an option? I don’t think that this is serious condition but I think that it can progress if it is not stopped on time. So my advice would be to find a way to prevent this condition for getting worse. Also ask your doctor about all the options that you have to treat this issue with your eye.
All the best,
Danella