My younger sister wears glasses for several years already and she visits her ophthalmologist two times a year. Last time when she went for regular control her doctor told that she had keratoconus. Also he told her that she won't be able to wear her glasses and instead of it she will have to use contact lenses. I would like to know something more about keratoconus.

Hi, I also have diagnosed keratoconus for several years. There is part of eyes which is transparent and protecting other deeper parts of eye it is named cornea. Some people had abnormally shaped cornea which unable proper vision and also can not be improved by wearing glasses. In such cases ophthalmologist suggest contact lenses as it lies on the eyes properly and correcting refractive errors caused by abnormal shape of cornea. This is not something you would be worried about because lenses are perfect solution for it.