I have problems with my very poor vision. It seams to me as if I have this problems for all my life.
I was diagnosed with myopia and astigmatism long time ago and I wore contact lenses for over than ten years but now, it started to trouble me because it causes me eye irritation.
I hate glasses and even if I liked them-the size of glass on them would be abnormal so I reject this idea.
My parents heard about one operation called radial keratotomy. They suggest me to take this operation because it will solve all my vision problems for good.
I don’t know are there any side effects of this operation?
Any information will be most than welcome!

I had this operation five years ago and ‘till this day I had no side effects what so ever.
The cornea and lens of the eye help focus light on the retina so that the eye can see.
Radial Keratotomy changes the shape of the cornea by making incisions with a surgical knife to flatten or alter the contour of the front of the eye.
The purpose of operation is to reduce the central corneal curvature sufficiently and move the cornea's focus back onto the retina.
That will definitely bring back your vision but you must know that there are some side effects of this operation.
Some people complained that they’re experiencing progressive changes in their vision over years after their surgery so initial effect can be short lasting.
So, now you got all informations you need. Think and decide what to do! I wish you luck!

I had the RK surgery in 1987. I had sever myopia my refraction was -750. The Opthomaogist that I went to said he could correct my vision to about 20/200, I was all for it, because -200 is a lot better than -750, my lenses would not be as thick. I asked what were the side effects, he said you will just loss your close up vision a little earlier than normal. Fine I could live with that. After surgery I could see clear for the first time since I was 5. When I came back for my post-op I was checked and my vison was 20/15 WOW, do the other eye. After surgery the other eye was 20/20. Imagine my surprise. For 10 years I enjoyed clear, sharp no glasses vision. Then with out warning I started to have problems seeing fine print, ok. I can live with that. But then it didn't stop and then pretty soon over the next 5 years my vision had gotten so bad that I was getting a new prescriptions every 6 mos. Now I can not see close up or far away. I can't drive at night because I can't see at all on the roads. I can not see well on clouding or rainy days. I see halos around all lights, double vision, star effects and even with my glasses my vision flucuates during the course of the day. I depth perception is off and when I move my eye to the extreme right or left like looking back while you drive, I get disoriented and dizzy. I have a hard time reading, can't put on my makeup or pluck my own eyebrows, I can't get my dishes clean or see well enough to clean house and I have cataracts on both eyes. If I had to do it all over again, I would tell my husband, too bad I have to wear glasses and you don't think I look as good in them as I do with them off, These are my eyes. I want to see when I get older!