I underwent parathyroid surgery approximately 6 months ago to remove an adenoma on the parathyroid and lost about 20 pounds in the process. Ive currently increased my calorie intake by adding around 1100 calories a day, however I havent been able to gain a single pound. Does anyone know of a solution to returning back to my original weight.

Well, have you checked your hormones recently? Maybe your thyroid hormones levels are too high. If there is too much thyroid hormone, every function of the body tends to speed up. It is therefore not surprising that some of the symptoms of hyperthyroidism are nervousness, irritability, increased perspiration, heart racing, hand tremors, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, thinning of the skin, fine brittle hair, and muscular weakness, especially in the upper arms and thighs. Weight loss, sometimes significant, despite a good appetite may occur, vomiting, and, for women, menstrual flow may lighten and menstrual periods may occur less often.