Hi, I noticed that smell of my urine has changed. It is not smelling normal as before, now it’s strange, raunchy smell, and I am getting concerned about my health. What could be the reason?

Hi, you need to think of any changes in your life which accompanied change in smell, like change of food, drinking habits, stress exposure and others. I also notice certain changes but usually they accompany some sorts of food. Sometimes, I can smell chicken soup in urine. After urine test there was no more doubt on infection, so I even started believing that quality of water has changed during time. Then, I thought of some inner disease, that is resulting in bad smell. This also turned out to be wrong assumption. Bad smell disappeared whitout reason, just like it has occurred.

Like Paul has said, it could be that something is wrong and then again maybe this is just temporarily and it will go away on its own in a few days. Anyhow, if you didn’t change anything in your habits and you don’t think that this is some kind of infection you could try to intake amount of fluids into your organism. This is going to help to wash out bacteria (if maybe this is causing raunchy smell) and it will dilute your urine so maybe the raunchy smell is going to disappear on its own.

If you don’t rid of the smell in a few days than it would be wise to consult your doctor and do some urine analysis just to make sure that no infection is in question.