I am a 40-year old male. For the past week I have noticed that my urine is much darker than normal. I increased my water intake and everything seemed fine. Today after having a ginger ale I went to the bathroom and my urine was a dark purple color. After drinking water my urine was a dark orange/yellow. Later it was clear after drinking more water. I don't fell any discomfort or pain. Any ideas?

Hi there,

Color changes in urine can be caused by many things. Most often color changes are due to changes in your diet so you must first consider this as an option. have you changed anything in your regular diet in past several days or maybe a week? The ginger ale might have caused your urine to change color easily. Do you take any medication on daily basis? If there is no pain or any burning sensations while you urinate I don’t think that there is anything that you need to worry about. When you experience pain you should see a doctor as soon as possible. Also try to watch your diet closely in the future.  Good luck