Hello. I'm 20 year old female and just recently I have noticed some strange vaginal symptoms.
I've felt almost constant itchiness and redness around my vagina. I'm still not sexually active and that’s why I'm not afraid of those sexually transmitted diseases.
Anyway, I told my mother about it and she wasn’t scared because she’s sure it was some yeast infection. She also gave me some cream called Canesten that she has been using every time she had these symptoms. Can anyone tell me more about these yeast infections and about this drug that my mother recommended me!

Well, I believe that your mother told you right! I'm sure we are talking about some trivial yeast infections such as Candida albicans or similar one… You see, these infections are not related to your sexual behavior.
Every woman has experience it no meter their age, background or career. It is most important to remember that a vaginal yeast infection isn’t a sign of bad hygiene!
Canesten is one of the most common medications used to treat these yeast infections. It contains one active ingredient called Clotrimazole which is very effective in killing Candida and all other vaginal yeasts.
Although your symptoms indicate that we really talk about yeast infection I suggest you anyway to contact some gynecologist first!

hAVE YOU TAKEN ANTI-BIOTICS RECENTLY - tHEY KILL THE GOOD fLORA AND CAN CAUSE YEAST INFECTIONS....YEAST IS A PARASITE....IT LOOKS LIKE POPCORN WITH A TAIL....iT CAN MOVE IN THE BODY AND EVEN SURROUND THE HEART - THOUGH THAT IS RARE - THEY CAUSE YOU TO CRAVE SUGAR AND CARBS LIKE POTATOE CHIPS - tAKE A PARASITE CLEANSE AND REPLACE THE THE GOOD BACTERIA ....mY DAUGHTER USED EXPERIENCE AND SYNERGY ....NATURAL PRODUCT MADE BY AWARENESS....THERE ARE OTHERS ....CHECK A GOOD HEALTH STORE.....