I have this rash type thing on the sole and heel of one foot. It extends slightly up the side of the foot also, to about the height of the ankle. I have had it for going on four years now. It is constantly flaky and very, very, very itchy. It also comes up with tiny (pin prick size) blisters that are some depth into the skin.

I have seen several doctors about this and have been treated with varying strengths of corticosteriod creams and anti-fungal creams.

I have been referred to a dermatologist who has performed three skin scrapings all of which have shown 'fungal elements' but on further incubation have not grown any fungally things %-)

The dermatologist has treated it as fungal and has had me on three different oral anti-fungal treatments as well as anti-fungal creams now.

It is six months between dermatologist visits (due to living in a remote community). Each time I have seen him he seems to ummm and errr about doing a biopsy before finally deciding to treat me with another course of oral anti-fungals.

I suspect it is something I picked up from a public shower while passing through Singapore? I can't imagine where else I could have got it. Nobody else in my immediate life has the infection, even those that share the same shower as me.

I am due to see the dermatologist again in September. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I should ask/do on my next visit? Or even a suggestion as to what I could be dealing with on my foot?

I would like to know how this person made out. It sounds like the same thing I have. I have been to the dermatologist and had a foot scraping and just prescribed a topical lotion that doesn't seem to work at all.

I had the same thing and here is what I did. I soaked my feel in a mix of benonite clay and distilled water for 75 minutes. The rash was gone and the itch was almost gone. I repeated this for 3 days and I am perfectly fine now. Go clay!

I too would love to know how the original poster made out, since I also have a similar problem that the dermatologist has failed to find a resolution to...

Listen Bro.

i had the same problem .. i had a baad itchy rash .. with small water bumps that goes deep in to my foot skin!!
i went to Jordan ( it's a country) !!

and i went to the Dead sea and i while i was swimming there ... next day it is gone for GOOD!! i even cannot believe what happened!

wish u good luck!

I am a medical doctor and have the same sort of the problem which is described by other people. I have visited my GP and he always me sugested dry skin lesion. I am using vasiline regularly and using other thing as well including steriod cream antifungal and antibacterial cream for the last one year. I gave skin scrap for culture and sensitvity test as wel. The antifungal part came negative but waiting for the anti bacterial and antiprotozoal part of the test. I hope some thing will comeup eventually. :-P

wow!

I've had this itchy area on the bottom of my big toe like you all have described for months - no response to powders, constant washing , alcohol wipes and anti -fungal creams. No result- just oozing blisters and an itch so bad I wanted to claw the skin off. I had to walk on the side of my foot to avoid setting off the itch.

Well, I read the comments about the clay and the Dead Sea swim which worked- didn't have any clay at home ( probably the kind you use in a facial mask-huh?

But I figured that the reason the clay and the Dead Sea swim worked because of a drying effect. The Dead Sea has a super concentration of salt.

So I took some sea salt from my kitchen ( kosher salt would do too- no dextrose or additives etc) and put one tablespoon salt per cup of tepid water and stuck my foot in it for and hour and a half while watching TV-dried it off and went to bed .

Next morning- no itch ,no ooze, no swelling just a little flaky skin!

Gonna do one more session tonite for good measure and cancel that app't I made with a Podiatrist.

You doctors who had no success, try this. Heal thyself and be a hero to your patients too-----

Thanks to your site and your contributors!

Paula

thanks, it's been killing me for ages. going to try it out

definitely made a big improvement. going to keep it up for a couple more days. just mentioning to anybody else who's thinking of trying, don't be stingy with the salt. Thanks everybody for the help.

I'm have this problem since my Scetchers memory foam??? I'm latex sensitive So its the only thing I can think of??