I am interested in sleep medications. It seems that from year to year, I sleep less and less. I cannot even remember when was the last time I slept for eight hours. Use of prescription sleep meds is somewhat bothering me. Do I have to use them or is there any other way?

Lessened sleep hours is something that is bothering millions of people today. Lack of time for obligations that stand in front of us is making us deprive our bodies of its needed rest. Two main consequences – we become irritable and depressed. If you do not want to use sleep meds, there are other alternatives. Try to set up the mood for sleeping – no caffeine several hours before sleep, tire yourself so you do not toss and turn in bed, no afternoon naps… Still, if these do not help, consider medications but only after consulting a doctor again.