I have had a constant vaginal bloody discharge for about 5 months now which has gradually increased and I bleed quite heavily during/just after every bowel movement and urination. The blood 'gushes' and then stops very quickly before turning back into the brown/bloody discharge. I'm not taking any medication or birth control pills and I have no infection nor any pain. Any ideas?

Have you seen a doctor? I would suggest you saw a gynecologist as it may be their area!
Have you heard of endometriosis? It is a condition in which cells that form uterine lining grow on other organs besides the uterus. The other organs may be ovaries, bladder and even bowels.

The problem with endometrisis is that during period, these linings too would like to leave the body too but have no where to get out from.

Symptoms like yours, vaginal bleeding during bowel movements and possibly from rectum too, are often seen in women who suffer from endometriosis.

Another possible cause could be a cyst on the ovary that can get complicated.

Anyway, persistent bleeding is always a good reason to visit a doctor and I would suggest you did that.

Hi I just happened to see this post. I have been having the SAME problem! I experience vaginal bleeding only after using the restroom, and it seems to flow quite heavily. Then it seems to disappear until the next time i need to go to the bathroom again. My doctor did not know what was wrong w/ me! Did you see a doctor or gynocologist?? Did you ever figure out the answer to this question??

Hi I have a similar problem but I do not bleed heavily. Its a small amount of blood after each time i use the rest room. I was recently operated for appendicitis and meckle's diverticulum. Can anyone helo?

Hi i have a similar probmel but i do not bleed heavily. Its a small amount of blood after each time i use the rest room. I was recently operated for appendicitis and meckles diverticulum. I have used some anti iotics for it , but its of no use. Can anyone help?

i no this is an old post but did you evr find out what it woz i also have been bleeding for months and also whils having a bm please reply if you r still a member thank you and i hope all woz well with you all xxxhugsxxx

i have the same problem but i bled very heavy i mean pints, i have have over 16 blood Transfusion of 5pints at a time , this has been happening for over 6months and the doctors do not no whats causing it , i have had biopise , injections to stop bleeding but nothing has work yet