Twice now I've found tissue on the pad I was wearing, I've just started taking birth control for the first time two months ago, taking Seasonale. Everything was fine till a week and a half ago I started to have breakthrough bleeding which I knew was a typical thing for seasonale's first time users. I missed my first months period, and this bleeding started when I should've had my period the second month so I didn't think anything of it.

However, I've been having sharp cramps and two days ago I found dark colored tissue, that was about a little bigger then a quater and bloody. Then this evening I saw more tissue that was a string about 3 inches long, it was white and bloody. This has never happened to me before.

Looking it up on the internet all my searches led me to a miscarriage however I really doubt that is the case, because I take the pill the same time everyday and I've never missed a pill . And also I had a UTI about three or four weeks ago were they ran a preganacy test, just to make sure I was really just having a UTI, and the test came back negative.

I can't call my doctor till Monday, since the office is closed. But I was wondering if anyone has experience this or if anyone knows what this is? If it's normal for first time birth control user to sometimes see this? Please leave me some advice or something!

I have had the same discharged ... and by your description it was about the same size and bloody. I am sort of concerened yet in searching the internet I've been able to turn up no results. Could anyone be of assistance in this matter? I am also on the pill, ortho tri-cyclen. Please help...

Girls, i have the same problem. I've taken contraceptic pills Feminet and everything was fine till the last 24 days, when i started bleeding and my periods just would not stop. I had also some tissue discharges, the same ones you have mentioned above.
I have visited a doctor and brought with me the discharges and he was surprised. He thought that i have had a miscarriage so he sent me to the pregnancy test, but the result was negetive, so he was shoked. He sent the "discharges" to the lab for examination of what it is. So next monday i have a meeting with him and i'll see what will be the results. He also gave me pills that will slow down my bleeding.

I think you are all describing is simply the lining of your womb. This builds up during your cycle. I remember when i first started contraceptive pill, my first few periods were scanty, and i had break through bleeding, which included dark clots, and womb lining. I've also had a miscaridge in the past, and can confirm that the discharge during miscaridge is very similar in appearance this discharge. Just that there is less matter, and less bleeding. If you've never been on the pill before, your periods might only have been bloody, with a few clots. It is quite common though for there to be masses of womb lining (endometrium) in the menses, or during break through bleeding. The extra oestrogen in the contraceptive pill builds up the endometrium more than your normal levels would.

I am almost 30 and I started taking seasonique a month and a half ago. I had no period the first month, but on the second week of the second month I started cramping with small amounts of spotting. However, the spotting got a little heavier each day until it turned into a full period. Just yesterday I passed some thick bloody tissue matter the width of a half dollar. I have been on birth control before and this has never happened. I have also had blood clots before and this is like no blood clot I have ever seen. I called my doctor and he asked me to bring it in for him to look at. The nurse just called me and told me they were going to send it to pathology because the doctor was not sure what it was. I should hear something back within the next few days. I thought I might also mention that it would be highly unlikely that I would be pregnant, I had my tubes tide over four years ago.

I also had this happen to me, I started bleeding and the cramps were so bad, this lasted for over a month and then I went to the washroom and this tissue thing came out of me. I immediately went to the hospital with it and they told me that I had a miscarriage, I was shocked because I had my tubes tied over 2 years ago. Now my family doctor is telling me that it was not a miscarriage and is sending me for an ultrasound on Monday so I am very confused.

I have been looking and looking for info on this thing. I too have just had this strange thing. Three inches long white or skin coloured. With a light period. I am on the vaginal ring, umm nova ring i believe. I don't know what this is I have had two kids and been on lots of different pills before and never had anything like this happen. I didn't get to send the specimen into the doctor. So i would really like to hear back from you guys who went to the doctor. So weird.

Well... we all are on the same boat because no one has come back with the result from the lab or an answer. Of course it happened to me to and today I drop the tissue at my ob Gyn office. They call me to tell me the will send it to the lab to analyze it. I will come back to let you know what my Doc says but what I have learned after my search in the internet is that the birth control hormones may increase the production of this tissue. I am on the NUVA ring and had my tubes tied 2 years ago after my twins and I just want to make sure this is not a miscarriage.

I too have had this weird discharge, like everyone has explained. I had a miscarriage once before so I know that its not one. I had the 3 inch long tissue when I went to the restroom. I've used the Nuva ring and got off of it once I had the miscarriage, now I'm on a regular pill. This is my first cycle and I had the breakthrough bleeding (which i guess isn't that uncommon), and now this gross tissue discharge. I called my birth control provider, but unfortunately all the nurses had already left. :-(
This is the only website I have found that gives any kind of information on vaginal tissue discharge, and since I was so freaked out when it happened to me, its kind of helpful to see I'm not the only person with this happening to me.
Thanks

My girlfriend is only suppose to have a period every 8 or 9 months due to reasons Idk for sure. She has had 2 miscarriages in the past and the most recent one was in jan. 09 .. Okay, well, about 2 months ago she started her period and it lasted about 4 days. well, it started back up a few days later and stopped.. Then started again, and she started spotting a pinkish brown color everyday. But now its worse. Its several times a day and its a heavy discharge when she has it. she has it even more when she gets stressed out. But anyways, she has this pinkish brown discharge accompanied by cramps.. Its been going on for about 2 months now almost everyday. Shes been on the pill for 12 years and has never been this bad. The only two times she has been the least bit like this is when she had those 2 miscarriages.. well, today she was cramping and discharging, then she went home and went to go pee and water poured out of her vagina like a water faucet, and a long stretchy clot or something followed it.. Me and her both are very scared and I would appreciate it if someone could help us out with some info.. This couldnt be a std or something could it? She has takin pregnancy tests and all of em are negative except for one and it didnt show up as anything, it was unreadable.. I hope she didnt have a miscarriage or anything cuz i reall wanna baby.. Please help, thanks..

Okay, I hate to sound the same as everyone else. But this is the only website that explains exactly whats going on. It literally looks like my insides and yes up to 3 inches long. I as well was on the Nuva Ring, and a few days before this all happened I had flu like symptoms. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! im terrified!

I also had this happen to me a few minutes ago. I am on SOLIA which is a birth control pill and have only been on it a few months. I'm on it for the bad, painful complications I have when on my period. I am not sexually active so I KNOW that it is not a miscarriage. I'm guessing, like some have said, that it is just tissue built up that is caused by the increase in hormones from the birth control pill. I don't think it is anything to worry about but it was very scary looking and startled me.

I am looking up info for the same problem of the bloody discharge, but have to comment on the ortho tri cyclen pill. Just as an FYI to anyone taking it: I took it for about 3 years same time everyday never missed a day and still became pregnant. At the same time I was pregnant I knew 7 other girls due within a month of my due date all taking birth control... can you guess what it was???? Yep Ortho tri-cyclene. so be careful if thats what you are taking.

ok so same thing just happened to me about 5 mins ago and me and my boyfriend started to freak out thinking it was a miscarriage i would really like to kno what it was. also im not on any birth control which makes it even more confusing since everyone on here is on bc or something of the sort yet the same thing happened to me while im on no bc?!?! . i dont understand why no one knos and there is no explanation for it

I have had similar discharge and have been unable to find anything via the internet on it as well. >;) I am not on birth control right now and just gave vaginal birth to my second child only a month ago. I am a little concerned with what i have found although i am not feeling any other side affects. I did have light light pink spotting just after the meat came out. Also it was my first time having sex after child birth so maybe it could be tissue shedding from my uterus that needed to be un-stuck... i did not experience this with my first child. my husband mentioned to me that 2 days later during intercourse there was more only little specks of it here and there. I am very curious as to what this is I see the doctor on the 8th maybe she will have information for me.