Hi. I'm 27 year old female and I have some questions about my current health state. You see, about six months ago I started to suffer from strong pain located in my lower abdomen.
So, I contacted my gynecologist and after an ultrasound he determined that I have big cyst on my left ovary which has moved on my left tube and part of the uterus.
So I had a partial hysterectomy two days later. Now, about six months after surgery I'm experiencing some strange pain accompanied with excessive bleeding and spotting. If anyone has had this problem or knows anything about it, please let me know!

Well, I must admit that I really don’t know a lot about this hysterectomy but I was interested to find out. You see, I have talked about this with my good friend who had this operation done about seven months ago. She told me that you maybe have reasons to be worried about this. Other than some light bleeding or spotting for up to 6 weeks directly following the surgery, vaginal bleeding should not occur after a hysterectomy. Her doctor told her everything about this.
Some reasons of bleeding after hysterectomy could be inflammation, infection, abnormal growths, and injury.
So, I suggest you to call your health professional to discuss it.

i was 43 when i had my hysterectomy and had and still have major probs with my bowel which started more or less a week after my op ,i still have my ovarys and cervix, and it was nearly a year before i started having heavy bleeding down below and after several visits to gp had a scan which revealed i had very bad scar tissue and fluid trapped between all the layers of bowel and as for the bleeding doc said he had left a small peice of endrioetrious tissue which is to blame for that ,but 5 yrs later i persist with probs but im still living

You could be experiencing adhesion problems from surgery too. Another thing, and much more common than realized, is Endometriosis. This sounds much like it and I have severe Endometriosis, had the partical Hysterectomy, and now, 8 months later, am bleeding with pains too... back to OBgyn to see where the Endometriosis growth is now. So, check into Endometriosis if you have not already - no cure.

I had a PH in May and it has been great until this lst week. I now have back pain stomach cramps and bleeding off and on. It is the same pain I had with a period. I have no idea what is going on. My doc says some bleeding is normal but the pain is not. Headaches, and no engery. Am I the only one? Lets not forget the sex is painful and ends in bleeding. I have no desire for sex.

I had a partial hysterectomy on September 12 where I kept my ovaries
and cervix. I still have what seems like little periods every month. Nothing compared to before the surgery, but still periods. My doctor said that this was normal. I wish he would have told me of this beforehand!
This is definitely not random spotting. It's two days out of every month, and is accompanied by cramping. Besides that, orgasms seem weaker, and I have the feeling that you get when you have a urinary tract infection, only I've taken antibiotics, and they didn't help. My doc says I need to drink more water. It's the same amount I drank before my surgery...
If anyone has any info on any of this, please let me know. Thanks,
Y.

I am a 39 yr old who has had Endometriosis and Ovarian Cysts for over 20 years. I do not have children, so I waited until last June 06' to have a total Hysterectomy. I have never felt better in my life until 3 days ago. I started having pain on the left side and now its on the right as well. I even had a tiny tiny bit of spotting! The pain is sharp and hot, located where my ovaries used to be. Can anyone tell me about this or if this happened to them? My Hysterectomy was a total one so I thought I was immune to this. Any comments welcome. Thanks so much.

Hi

Although you had a total hysterectomy, your ovaries may well have been left (as mine have been). So your symptons could make sense if you now have a problem with your ovaries.

Total hysterectomy doesn't mean your ovaries have been taken.

Best wishes
H

I had a hysterectomy in October of 2005. Both my ovaries as well as my cervix were left behind. I have continued to have menstral type bleeding since my surgery every 28 days. The doctor that did my surgery thought I was crazy and said he had never heard of such a thing. I switched gynos and was told by the new one that this is not uncommon as my cervix was left behind. I am a biochemist and if you think about this it makes sense. The cervix probably have some uterin cells left behind. The uterin cells are probably regenerated each month which causes the regular monthly bleeding. I think what bothered me most is the doctor who performed the surgery thought I was crazy or making up the fact that I was bleeding. Glad to see others have experience this as well. I wish this was something that we could read about on medline or some other medical website. These are the first postings I have seen and its nice to know I m not crazy and the bleeding I am experiencing is common in other women with their cervix left behind.

Thanks

The sharp pains you are feeling are likley due to adhesions. This is something I lerned about after my partial hysterectomy. Adhesions happen in . 80% of women who have hysteretomys. I learned this after my own. Noone warned me of this prior to surgury. Sharp pain same area as you (I still have my ovaries) started 3 weeks post surgery. I have followed up with my new doctor. OPtion in laproscopic surgurt to cu adhesions but I am told they can reform. I am 1 year 4 months post surgery and the pain is getting better. I was told they cn strech over time. If pain is unbarable you may want to speak to your gyno about the laproscopic surgery.

Good Luck

I too, recently had a hystorectomy, only the uterus was taken. It will be five months. I have had bleeding every 28 days like a period. And had to see another doctor, because all my surgoen wanted to do, was to keep cauterizing me, without an explanation. The second opinion thought that since I have my cervix, that there was still tissue left there, enough to cause a mini period. Apparently either, my surgeon did not "core out" the cervix well enough. So, my choices are, get cerivx taken out, re-core cervix, or live with it. AND, it is also possible to get PREGNANT!! It would a topical pregnancy...so that is not good!

No, one told me about this possibility. I have already taken eight weeks of medical leave!!! any suggestions!

Hi
I had a partial hysterectomy and a bladder sling done Sept 1 2006. Since surgery I have had a wicked problem with constipation and the past couple of weeks I've had a lot of pain with sex, when I walk and even when I go to the bathroom. This morning I had spotting and my pain has gotten worse, I'm in pain right now just sitting here.
Is there anyone out there that can help me. I keep telling myself that it's normal and it will go away, however the bleeding and the tremendous pain is telling me different.
Any help would be wonderful. I'm not sure what's worse have a very heavy period each month with terrible cramping or this. At least with having a peroid you knew why and that it was going to end in 7 days.

Please help,
bonlaw

I also am having pain, spotting, headaches and no energy what so ever. I not only had a PH I also had a bladder sling done on Sept 1 2006. The pain is getting worse every day. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated

Can anyone help me? I am 26, had a total hysterectomy July of 06. I had endometriosis and have had right side pain off and on really bad since I was 13. Doctors dont know the cause of the pain to this day. The hysterectomy was suppost to cure my pain, but didnt. So, almost a year later, I am bleeding off on on with different color discharge. Anyone know what is going on with me? I am calling the doctor on monday. Just looking for advice.
Thanks

I'm glad to have found this site...I am 8 years post hysterectomy - still have my ovaries, but everything else was removed. Over the past few months, I have had lower abdominal cramping for just one day, then some light brown staining, not bloody. Went to my doctor today and she did a swab and ordered a pelvic/vaginal ultrasound. Anyone else who has some insight or experience in this and could comment would be appreciated.