I have one problem that makes me feel embarrassed. I have noticed I have vaginal burning. It has never happened to me until now, just before my period is supposed to start. I do not have idea what could it be so I would like to get any answer. Is there anyone who knows more about it?

Vaginal burning before period starts could be symptom for vaginitis. The exact frequency of vaginitis among women is unknown, but physicians know that it leads to may office visits. You should know this is one of the most common reasons for a woman to seek the advice of a physician. I am going to try explaining basic things to you, and then finishing with my opinion about vaginal burning before period starts. Normally, there is an intricate balance between bacteria that normally live in the vagina and the main bacteria called Lactobacilli. The difference between normal and abnormal flora, lies in the balance of flora, pH, bacterial count and if vaginal wall is inflamed. Although it is not possible to diagnose what kind of vaginitis a patient has, based on symptoms alone, there are specific symptoms. Vaginal burning before period starts is one of symptoms there is something wrong. General symptoms for all of the vaginitis cases are abnormal vaginal discharge, vaginal burning, vaginal itchiness and pain with sexual intercourse. If you have more then vaginal burning I would strongly recommend you to visit your doctor.

Sure, it is. I am diagnosed with it and vaginitis not only causing this itching before I am about to get my period, it is causing a really bad burning after urination as well. I can say that it kinda scares me, so I am visiting my gynecologist every third month it seems to me.  Also, my doctor told me that cyclic vulvovaginitis is my diagnose and it is manifest by recurrent burning and itching sensation that occurs every time before you are about to get your period. But I had also one big issue since this pain specifically worsens just during my menstrual bleeding. I am 43 years old and he told me that this occurs in women of all ages that are still menstruating. 

I have this too. What can they do for it? Is this harmful if untreated?

I went to my doctor for this problem, Did not see my DR. But I meet with the nurse practitioner and she said she dont know what it could be. Not a lot of Help.

Just curious...how old are you?

I am also suffering from the same thing. I had a tubal ligation 4 months ago and it has been hell for me. So many changes. I am also a diabetic and i've  never experience so much burning in vagina and skin irritation. I visit my doctor and he said I have  UTI. He prescribed antibotics and hydercortison/buyyrate steriods. The skin irritaion is getting better. I am almost coming on my period but I am burning inside. Will the antibotic doctor gave me clear that? how long does it take to work? The doctor said he really don't see anything wrong. Should I trust his judgment or go with my own?  Help!

Hi, I went to the gynecologist due to the same thing. She said that it's normal for your body to get like that before your period. Everyone is different, but if it's causing you serious pain I'd go to a gynecologist.

Maybe you're allergic to something? I know that I had some burning and so I went to my doctor and they said to try switching to a no dye and scent free clothes detergent. It has helped a ton.

Im 27 yrs old and I do this and notice after I got fixed in 2012 it burns when I pee a wk before I said then a couple days after my period ends. My Dr can't find anything

I have the same problem...burning sensation down there about a day before and the first day or 2 of my period. I am 37 with some symptoms of perimenopause as well. My doctor wrinkled up his nose at me...he doesn't think I'm perimenopausal. Anywho, I have done a lot of research on this and what I've come up with is this: Just before menstruation begins, your estrogen level drops to make your period begin. Apparently, for me that level is pretty low because I get dryness and irritation because of it. Treatment would be to prescribe progesterone. The funny thing is, none of the doctors I saw did blood work to check hormone levels. Basically, they said "It's not an std, you're fine!" which didn't help the problem. Did anyone else have blood work done?

I totally have the same problem... It's come and go ;( i get so much pain.. Docts said they ️see everything normal - ;(

I get the same thing and i did have blood work done. Everything came back normal! It has become so bad I am on the verge of tears each time I am waiting for my period!

Please help I just got my period literally right this second & it burns for some reason.

I've had this burning and itching as well for about 3 months constantly. Been to the doctor and gyno twice. First time she found yeast so she treated me for a yeast infection. No symptoms went away and I got a flare up this morning with this off and on burning pain, sometimes when I pee and sometimes not. I just got my period tonight. So you're not alone.