I'm a 17 year old girl, not sexually active. For the past 6 days, I've been feeling a burning sensation in my vagina AFTER and only after I pee. Sometimes it only lasts for a few seconds, sometimes it lasts a few minutes, then it goes away. I noticed that I get the urge to urinate(not a strong urge) some time after I urinate. I notice if I lay down on my side if I have that urge, it get's worse, and if I lay down on my belly, it's not that bad. I also noticed that if I squeeze my legs together, it sort of burns, or sometimes if I wipe, it burns a little. I notice that I feel this most at night, between 11 and 2, before I go to bed. It's not usually that bad during the day. I don't know how to describe this, but it sort of feels like my vagina is weak...I also noticed that I am going to the bathroom differently. I am going once when I wake up in the morning, I empty my bladder. Sometimes during the day, I go to the bathroom, then a half an hour later, I have to go again, but I don't urinate a hell of a lot. This happens to me at night. But, I don't wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, I sleep straight through. Also, for some reason, it feels better after I masturbate. Like, the pain that I am feeling sort of feels like that feeling you get after you're finished "arousing" yourself, like it's in my clitoris. I got this about an hour after I masturbated last monday. It also feels better if I walk around. I got those AZO UTI test strips from my local CVS, the ones that the doctors use. I took all 3 tests that it came with, and every single test says that I am negative for a UTI, for nitrites and white blood cells. The feeling that I am getting isn't getting worse, but it isn't getting better. Could I have somehow scratched myself in there by accident? I heard from people who've had a UTI, that after 3 days they had a Kidney Infection, I have no signs of that. My urine is a normal color and smell, not cloudy or bloody. I have no flank pains, no fever. My mom is a nurse and she said that I don't have a UTI, but the feelings of this burning after urination that I have are getting annoying. Could this be cystitis? By the way, I am not in excruciating pain, hardly any pain at all, it's just really annoying. Do I have to go to the doctor? I hate going to the doctor! I've never had this before.

The exact same thing happens to me!! I need help too!!

I have been struggling with this since last summer!
I had surgery for endometriosis which they thought might be causing some of the issues, but my symptoms stayed. I find I have the sensation to urinate frequently most when I am walking around for long periods of time, but I don't have troubles when I am dancing or hiking--I think just that constant, walking rhythm irritates me.
I tried some pills that made it worse and then went to physical therapy and was told to do kegels and increase my water intake. I have found that my water intake increase is helping a little but not hugely. I have also had trouble getting "wet"--this was never ever a problem for me before but it's terrible. I wear a pad daily due to my frustration and fear of having to go so much. Similarly, I didn't have a UTI nor did I have cystitis. If you find out what you have, let us all know!!!

I have had the same symptoms as you guys, gone through the same procedures, no UTI found, but still burning while I pee, but usually only when i hold it for long periods, but random burning occurs sometimes after I pee, as well. It also feels as though I have a weak bladder, I have to pee a lot, and there is a lot of pressure on my bladder area.

It all scares me, I know it's not an STD which what those symptoms I have been told could be, (but I am a virgin) so no go there. I also have been told that I have bad bladder walls I forget the the disorder is called but it's where your bladder walls harden and it makes me painful to pee, they put me on these meds, it didn't help at all.

This all has also been happening to me forever...I have no idea what it is...Someone with some knowledge, let us know!

I think you have an IC (Interstitial Cystitis)
I had this for about ten years.
Sometimes it better but always feel something.
check IC on the Web.

I read over these replies, and I am having similar problems. I have been having pain in my pelvic area for about 3 months, it wains off and on and hasn't ever been exstremily painful. I have been peeing a lot, off and on, and having burning/itching/soreness in my vaginal area(in and out) and some soreness and irritation around my urethra/cliterus as well. All these symptoms come and go throughout the day. I have also noticed an increase in my vaginal discharge outside of the time of my period. I have also noticed a stronger urine smell when I pee.

My period has been heavyer, but overall seems normal(it's been on time). I have been having longer end and begining pre-menstral dried blood stains however.

I have been seeing a doctor ever since this happened, two doctors actually. I was given bactrum incase of a uti and took it for five days before I started having side effects. I was also on Cipro for a few days, but had side effects as well. My doctors have done a urine sample and a vaginal sample, both have come back negitive for a UTI or yeast infection and Chlamida. No lumps or cysts or any sign of an infection inside my vagina. I had a pelvic sonogram to check on my ovaries and anything else that could be wrong, but the test showed no problems.

I have also taken over the counter UTI and yeast infection tests which, besides an a positive WBC, I have been negitive.
I am however a very stressful person. I'm very, very tight, and have attempted intercorse with my first and only boyfriend without success. The doctors believe this to be the cause of my pelvic pain and irritation. I am still wondering about my frequent urination, strong smell and discharge.

I am going back to the better of the two doctors(one I feel more comfirtable) for a pap smear(which I've never had because of being tight, but she told me she could still do it if she could get her finger through, which she can). I will ask about IC. I am starting to look online and write about my problem on sites like this to see if anyone else can shed light on what's going on.

Thanks for your time.

:-( I am sorry for your discomfort and hope you feel well soon. Initially, I thought that you may be getting on and off yeast infections. I take PB8 capsuls daily (see your health food store for this probiotic/acidopholis blend) to prevent and cure yeast overgrowth. Too much sugar in the diet can cause this. I am thinking perhaps that you may be experiencing a pH imbalance in your body. Specifically, too acidic. This will happen from the food you eat. Do a web search for alkaline foods include in your diet to help balance your pH level. Drink a good amount of water daily to clear your system and stay hydrated. Caffine causes you to urinate more (it is a diuretic). Also, drinking pure cranberry juice or taking cranberry capsuls daily will help prevent a possible UTI.

hello,
i have been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis.
i tried the cystitis diet, tried some natural products from the internet and naturopath has given and nothing has worked yet or for just short period.
i have constant burning and after urinating. most of my urine tests have been negative, so i do not usually have an infection.
when i had the test done the doctor said i had inflamation not an infection in the bladder.
so i am not convinced it is interstitial cystitis.
i would like to know if anyone else has these same symptoms and has found an answer, because i haven't.
i have avoided sugar and fruits, garlic, onions spicy foods and coffee tea and pop and still very little relief.
if anyone has found an answer please let me know.
i am now not using toilet paper since all of it irritates it even more, i am using baby wipes washed out, but that is bothering me now too.
help!

I had the same burning sensation durning urinating and for a short time after. I was diagnosed with IC for about 2 years and then I switched Doctors and he told me it was not IC. I had EVERY test imaginable to rule out kidney stones, UTi's, bladder cancer, and turns out I had a narrowed urethra which was causing the pain. The Dr dialated my urethra which relieved the pain for about 2 years and now it's back. The procedure is somewhat painful and REALLY hurts for a few days while going to the bathroom but is worth it for the relief.

:-( Sounds bad but I think it sounds like you have a chill in your knidneys it's nothing major just wrap up warm and it will go away in time!!!

All,

I feel your pain - literally. I think you may all be experiencing what I have. It's pelvic floor spasms or discomfort as it's more tactfully called. I also have vaginismus. Between the two you often times can't empty your bladder, thus feel like you have to go again soon after you just went. Sometimes you actually do go more, sometimes you don't and you wonder if it's a uti, which almost always it's not. So I've experienced anyway. As for the vaginismus part of things...you are tight there, anything is difficultl from inserting a tampon to having sex, exams not so much because they can use child size instruments. I've come to find that there's actually physical therapy for the pelvic floor and it helps...and then to work on the vaginismus it's similar therapy only with larger and larger sized probes...I suggest you ladies google both terms and see if it helps. Good luck.

I suffer here to but not for long. It happens to me directly after I urinate and can last for hours if I do nothing. But I have found something that helps me everytime -water. I just drink a few glasses of water (I try for about a litre in an hour and then slow down and just sip). It helps immensly and after about an hour I feel fine. Also I was talking to an ethnobotonist (sp?), and she reccommend trying a herbal remedy of cranberry (can buy it as little pills and it doesn't matter how many yu take in a day as it is just pure condensed cranberry). I haven't tried this yet but I am going to look into it.

Hi everybody,

I have been experiencing the same exact things as well.
It started out with 3 UTI's.. then the doctor diagnosed me with vaginitus.
Then I went to Gynecologist and they said I had a pelvic infection.
- I have been treated with antibiotics for all of these.
But, I still have all the same symptoms everyone else has been saying + pain when having sex.
My urine has been tested and everything came back normal.
- So I got a laparoscopy surgery done to see if it was endometriosis, and it was not.

The only thing they have suggested to me is the birth control pill
that makes you have your period only 4 times a year.

* If anyone knows an answer, please share!!!!!

hi again,

I forgot to mention that they also crossed out STD's and during Laparoscopy checked out everything in the area
and everything is normal... they even have pictures.

I have the same problem sort of, my vagina feels like its aching i have the urge to want to pee but i cant, im also bleeding whilst urinating, the pain feels like im burning down there and this feeling of aching or something in my clitorus its painful but it comes and goes right now ive been feeling this pin since i woke up! , it hurts when i walk, im also getting hot and cold flushes i can hardly stand for a while, sitting is abit of a problem also. i need help is there anything i can do to make it go away before turning to a doctor?