hi
it been 3 months now, every time before i have period, the skin in my genital area was crack and hurt. but after the period, it gone. and it like that for 3 months now. please tell me, what wrong with me? thanks

No, no, no. That does NOT mean you just have herpes! Good grief, people, don't scare the tar out of people. I have the same exact thing. I am married, have only been with ONE sexual partner...my husband, and I got the same exact before I was sexually active. So, obviously I did not contract genital herpes. Sometimes the skin may just get chapped from the excess moisture your period brings...which will call cracking or irritation. I know this may sound weird, but try diaper rash cream. It really helps.

P.S. I looked it up...if you get genital herpes, you will get BLISTERS in your genital areas. Not cracks. The cracks will come later.

Also, I forgot to mention that around your period, this crack is considered excema or psoriasis (dry skin) which causes chafing and cracking which can worsen with HORMONAL CHANGES. Try excema treatments as well.

Yes, I have that too, right before my period. I am 43 and have only experienced it in the last year or so. The cracking can also be around the anus...it makes sex and urinating painful due to the burning caused by the cracked skin. My doctor told me it can be caused from hormonal fluctuations, the common moisture & discharge brought on during ovulation. I have found, believe it or not, jock itch cream to be effective since its the same type of reaction men experience....and using diaper rash ointment to prevent it.

I get the same 'cracked skin' as well when I try and cut corners and not use a brand new blade when I shave my pubic region, or when I shave too often/not often enough. Painful and itchy as hell, and I've noticed it does get worse around my period, but it goes away and is preventable. If you're shaving, always use a brand new blade and this sounds weird and it's costly, but instead of using shave cream, use the cream polysporin (not the clear ointment). It plugs up the blade for anything else, but helps a great deal.

If you're not shaving and it's not just around your period it could also be a sensitivity to the laundry detergent you're using.

I also have this problem happening.
Im guessing it's just from the extra moisture, but i first started out with some cracked skin around my, sorry about word choice, but anus and since then i have a rash all around my butt cheeks and around the cracks. If i dont have diaper rash cream, what do i use?

I agree they are not herpes. My skin doesn't crack, but the week before my period, I get a painful rash/bumps. They do not have the grey in the middle so not herpes, plus I already had a herpes test and it came out negative. I'm 45, its hormonal, because when I go on the birth control pill, I don't get them.

my butt whole hurts to shiit

hi i am 17 years old and i recently started having sex i have only had 2 partners i have had that cut for a while to after my period i got a pap smear when i had it and i never tested positive for herpes or ever had syptoms of what herpes really is i didnt test positive for any STD or AIDS my boyfriend now has never had another partner we both went to get checked what i really had was a yeast infection that cut even after tends to appear before my period again i have no chills nasuea fever or anything close to what you call herpes! i am using an ointment called hydrocsitone and you can find it at walgeens or any drug store dont freak out its not herpes alot of women expiernce it from stress and hormonal changes my doctor said i have also got sent to a gonocologist and it was just the fact that i am sexually active and having hormonal changes still i use protection even though your with a guy for who cares how many years you nevr know how they are so its very important to take care of your self. Thankyou for taking the time to read this=)

I have the same problem and I was checked for Herpes too. I told the doctor that I have had this problem since I was 14. I was not sexually active then. I started having them again after I stop taking the depo shot. This is not Herpes it is to many male hormones.

Wow so glad that you all posted these very private encounters. I was worried about goggling this because i figured I'd get porn. I too have itching and cracking spreading from vagina area to buttocks. There is no discharge like with yeast infection, however lately since i've started using new pads which I love (always infinity) I'm getting this. My buttocks bleeds too from cracked skin. Wow this is personal. I was treated with yeast infection in the past but it doesn't feel like it is, and honestly I haven't had one in a very long time. I did think about diaper cream, but worried about it non external factor. Has anyone had problems with this? FYI - I am in 30's with husband and two children (no extra marital partners).

I look forward to hearing your answers.

Thank you for making me feel normal!! I have been to Gp today about other things and chickened out of asking about it incase he made me get my bits out to look!!! Been having hormone tablets and now I think about it it is usually around ovulating and period (Ovulate late!). I was frightened to try anyhting to powerful as such like hydrocoritisone on such a delicate area but maybe I will give it a go. Thank you!!!

Got to say, i started getting this rash AS SOON as i started to use infinity pads, and it only comes back whenever i go back to those pads. it starts with a burning sensation on my skin, then later changes into dry, irritated, flaky skin under my pubic hair.

I do have Genital Herpes but I also get cracks in my vaginal area.  I had been getting those for a long time and finally discussed with my dr. when pregnant with my first child and was wearing liners daily due to 'leakage'.  She did not think it was from the herpes but from the pads.  I put on a lubricant on the cut and stopped wearing them and voila, they went away.  I was able to use the pads if I lubricated the area daily.  I also notice that I need to make sure I am fully lubricated on the OUTSIDE/entrance of my vagina for sex or I get horrible cracks.  I have also been on antihistimines for many years and these are very drying for your body. 

hope this helps. 

Im lucky this site wasn't blocked on my school computer!

I've been getting cuts around my vaginal opening for a month or two now, now and again, and ive started worrying because they hurt a little. But seeing the replies on this site has helped. It's probably due to my hormonal changes cause I started on the pill a month ago. I am sexually active but only with one partner who hasn't had sex before, so I was sure it wasn't herpes. I also have been getting eczema on my scalp recently and when I went to the doctor they said it was because of my hormones, so it's probably the same thing going on downstairs.

I probably will still go to the doctors about it anyway though =)