Hi!

I have been having this problem for over a month now. My foreskin and glans tend to become very red all the time. And I get this burning feeling. I tried several things so far to get rid of that.

My girlfriend and I often perform oral sex and my problems started on a night after she had ice cream a couple of hours before. Could this be related (dairy products)? I had something similar about a year ago (again with the ice cream) and it went away in a few days after I used Canestan cream.

But this time, it doesn't go away! I tried everything. So far, only Canestan seems to be helping. When I apply the cream, the skins gets back to a normal color and the burning sensation goes away for a few hours. But as soon as I stop using it, the irritation comes back!

There are no bumps, lesions or anything. It's only a matter of bright redness and pain. I have no problem pulling the foreskin back either (not circumscised). I don't think it is std since my girlfriend and I have been together for almost 5 years now. I was her first and she was my second, but I never had anything like that in the past. Of course, both of us have been faithful to each other.

Is it balanitis-posthitis? How can I cure this? Like I said, only Canestan seems to be helping, but it doesn't make it go away. I also tried Monistat, which helped a little in the beginning, but suddenly stopped working.

There is a 4-6 weeks waiting list before I can go see a doctor (thanks to the lousy health services in Quebec).

Can somebody help?

ok Dear. My question is how long the pain is lasting. If it is serious pain for 5 minutes or more, go to the ER ( yes Canada has lousy medical services, but hey its all free right :-P )

***edited my administrator*** ***please do not post web or email addresses***

The pain will slowly grow as the skin becomes red (it burns!) and it will not stop until I put some Canestan back. So far it is the only cream that gives results (brings the skin color back to normal and calms the pain). But this only last for a few hours until I have to apply some more... Depending on the day, it will go from 3 to 6-7 times a day...

When I mention pain, I should probably say it is a very intense discomfort!

intense discomfort eh? I would suggest seeing your doctor about this. Pain in the genetial is never a good thing espcially when it lasts so long. I tried to do a query on google to see if I could find a nurse advice line for Canada, I was not able to find it though. Definatley go to your doctor, I may even say the ER.

Yeah, health care is free over here, when you can get them... ! Going to the ER with that would mean I would probably spend 2-3 days sitting on a hard chair until they have time to see me... :-(

At least, can anybody confirm that this could be balanitis? No spots, no lesions, simply the skin going red and burning. When the cream is on, the skin is fine... I beleive that Canestan is anti-fungal, but why doesn't it cure the skin?

When I was using Monistat, I would get good results at first, but it stopped working so I went with Canestan. I tried going back to the other one after a few days, but there was no effect. So Canestan it is now... until I get to see a doctor...

hi i am having cimilar problems

i had unpreotected sex with my gf for the first time now my forthskin has gone all red and sore any help ??

Sorry I don't have a solution for you. I still have the problem, but it seems to be less intense in the last few days. I just kept using the cream. Now, the part getting all red is smaller (it used to be every parts of the skin on the glans and foreskin) and I can go throught longer periods without adding more oitment.

I hope it is slowly going away... (fingers crossed)...

I was wrong. It's still there, more than ever!

Does anybody know what the problem is? Yeast infection? Balanitis?

Hopefully, I will be able to see a doctor in the next few days. Yep, free health care in Canada, but only when available... :-(

Yeast for sure, dip penis in Yogurt and white vinegar. if does not work go to doctor and get Diflucan

Check the label on the Canesten cream you're using to make sure it doesn't contain a steroid (e.g. hydrocortisone). The fact that it provides temporary relief from your dermatitis makes it sound like it could simply be the action of a steroid. It's probably not a good idea to use steroids on your penis over a long time; steroids have long-term side effects.

BTW, I have a similar problem on my penis. I'm circumsized, but right under the glans I have a very slight, constant redness and burning. It doesn't respond to anything. I have eczema all over my face, so I'm assuming it's related to that. If it doesn't go away in a month, I will see a doc. Please let me know how your diagnosis goes.

Are you for Real ? iv heard of some homemade treatments in my time but Yogurt and White Vinegar is a new one on me. does it work ?

I also have sore/burning/tight/red foreskin, was fine yesterday but today when i woke up it was there, all red/sore/tight/burning, and i havent even had sex in about 3 monthes, or masterbated in over a week, so i dunno what caused it....i have been bathing it in warm salty water ( advice from an online doctor ) pull the skin all the way back when bathing it.

i hope we all get better soon !!!!

hey

ive been suffering from the same problem since december. it sarted of as balanitis, but when that went ive had a constant discomfort (burning pain) under my foreskin and generalised redness, it just wont seem to go away no lesions, and no ulcerations....just burning red foreskin. been to the gum clinic and had all the test which came back negative.

Let me know what the doctor says, i would be intrested to find out

regards

I'm having the same issues.

Nothing from Gum, slight pain, redness and burning. Initially all over helmet and foreskin but circumcision fixed the foreskin issue.

Any tips or advice?

does the original poster of this have any update?  I have the same problem and have had it for about a month and a half.  Have been to doctor and urologist... just been getting a process of elimination with different prescriptions instead of a solid diagnosis.

Please be out there Sulla! let me know if/how you improved this condition!!!!!!!!!!

Last guest post I have a reply.
I too have the exact same symptoms, redness, burning, suddenly tight foreskin etc... Most likely a fungal infection ( nothing to worry about)
I have had this problem three times before, twice with by ex-girlfriend of 8 months ( Problem occurred about 5-6 months in) I went to the doctor and they couldn't find any real problem (told me to use lube next time I had sex/masturbated) 
Tried it and didn't work too well... Embarrassing enough... I went to my mom, she bought me canesten and it fixed the problem in a few weeks.

Now trying the same treatment and hopefully it will go away soon. Have to figure out what the cause is though...