I'm a junior in highschool and for as long as I can remember, like even when i was in middle school, I have had this sometimes watery, sometimes sticky, clearish discharge that dries yellow and smells like bread

this 'thing' is annoying b/c a lot of the time i feel wet and I can sort of smell the bread smell if I open my legs (when I'm fully dressed) and idk if other people can smell it

When I was in middle school, I asked my mom what it was and she said it was my body changing, preparing for my period or something like that
Now in highschool, and have had my period for 2-3years and I still have this discharge

I've tried to research my symptoms but:
-I have no itching
-it doesn't smell like fish
-I'm not sexually active
-I have no burning

the closest I could find was bacterial vaginosis (BV) but that still describes it as having a fishy smell

I've heard that discharge is normal
is what I'm discribing the 'normal' kind?

Please Help and Thank You

i have the SAME exact problem. like the same exact thing. the bread smell is quote obvious to me, and i hope it isn't to other people.
and i have no itching, it doesn't smell like fish, i'm not sexually active, and i have no burning.
i have no idea what causes it and i really want to know.

ME TOO.

It's so annoying. Especially since I'm a virgin and everyone says it's an STD.

WTF is wrong with me!?!

WOW. I have the same symptoms. My sister who is a nurse told me it is ovulating. When we know we are producing eggs and we can get pregnant. But i don't know. It's kind of embarrasing isn't it?

"Smells like bread" — that is a VERY interesting way to describe vaginal discharge! I have never thought about it like that. To me, it has a very distinctive smell all of its own, but when you put it like that, I don't think you are too far off. 

Your vaginal discharge sounds like it is completely normal vaginal discharge. Of course, if you're worried or just have questions, I'd have to ask you... have you been to an OBGYN yet? Annual exams are a great way to just ask any questions you have, especially when you are younger and still getting to know what is normal and what isn't, and they also offer peace of mind if you have been worrying over something that is actually very normal. 

no worries, girls...I am 37 years old and I have it too. It is very normal and healthy. Your body is ridding of old cells. Absolutely nothing to worry about...Through the years, I have had it come and go, and although it is annoying, it is very normal, nothing to worry about. Should it start to burn, itch, or smell far more foul than bread (good analogy by the way), then see a doctor. Also, feel comfortable hearing from me as I am a nurse...Best of luck, Take care. I find that Zout spray takes the stains out of my underwear!

if it smells like bread it may also be a yeast infection. in some cases it can smell like bread b/c that's what yeast smells like. take monistat.

Guest wrote:

I agree, that's one of the best indicators. I also believe that the discharge is always white when it's a yeast infection which helps if you are having difficulty telling. Can you tell me how you're doing now?

0mg me 2 the only thing that is different about us is that i am sexually active but all my symptoms are like yours ive had it since like middle school alot of websites say it's a yeast infection but idk? because i dont have any itching or burning its jus the smell like bread:( what should i do i know it's not an std cause we were both virgins but what should i do i dont want him getting something because of me :-((

OMG! Thank you guys, I've been sooo nervous about that. I thought I really had a yeast infection for years or something. Now, I know I'm not the only person and it's normal. I hope we find a way to get thru it... For me, pantiliners help and handwashing my panties every day. I know it's tiresome to wash your unmentionables everyday, but it keeps it from becoming too noticeable.

Omg thank you so much to you all, i always worry about mine and couldnt figure out what the smell was but now that you say bread it does smell like that, i have the same symptoms and know i dont have a std as i regularly get checked i have had a yeast infection before so i knew it wasn that either, but you've given me a little relief, thanks all.

I just googled "my discharge smells like toast" lol and I was SO relieved to see this! I was worried! I'm going to get a checkup this week, but I wanted to look it up before I went so there wouldn't be any surprises. It's been like this for months now... I thought maybe I was eating too much bread or something! Thanks for asking this question and I will post again after my doctor's visit.

I have the exact same problem, Like the EXACT same. I'm a virgin though so I know it's not an STD or anything lol - But i'm scared to go get it checked out ... Yikes !!!!! Glad i'm not the only one though

exact same thing as well.

This seriously is the same exact thing happening to me!! Im so glad im not the only one out there that has this problem. On the other side my bf said he wanted to go down on me but im nervous that it will smell or something... i hope its just my human body doing this and not some yeast infection or vaginal infection. Thanks so much guys!! Gave me relief when i saw this topic (: