I am 27 years old and i had a tubal and novasure alblation a year and half ago. My periods have been light/ normal and last for about3 to 4 days. Although the heavy bleeding has slowed extremely down, i have since then sometimes expirience dryness when my husband and i have sex. I went to my OB and she said that it is possible that some of my wet glands could have gotten burnt. I was not told this or read this in the office. Even though there are products i could use, i just dont know when i gonna expirience dryness, which i have just figured out certain positions makes my vagina dry. If there is anyone who has expirienced vaginal dryness after this procedure please respond so i know that am not alone. My husband dosent complain about it but it makes my self esteem a little low when i expirience dryness while having sex with my husband.

Yes, I had the surgery last year and I completely dry. I keep being told that there is no way the novasure albaltion could have caused this problem but I didn't have any problems with dryness before my surgery. When I last saw my OB I was dealing with other issues so this didn't come up and I have tried to talk to her since but the nurses kept putting me off.

i was happy to find your post. I am gong thru the same thing. I was not told in office of the burnt glands. I enjoy the fact of no more periods, but I can't have sex with my husband anymore. I keep getting UTI's and yeast infections. Thanks for posting I'm glad I'm not alone.

Yes, I had the procedure about 6 years ago and i am experiencing extreme vaginal dryness and so are at least three of my friends that have had the procedure. I also am prone to a lot of yeast infection. My doctor pretends it not the procedure and that its my body going through early but, Test show I am NOT IN PRE-menopause.

I am planning on having novasure in a few weeks and vaginal dryness is totally making me change my mind....is this a common side effect???

I had procedure 5 years ago and became dry except for s couple of days in the month

I had it about 5 years ago and have dryness. However, my ob/GYN does not blow it off; he gives me a cream that I can use. It's called Estrace. I have also found a cream called VMagic that is more natural and is over the counter. My doctor told me prior to the procedure and also has told me several times since that this is normal. I'm not sure why your doctors aren't being helpful.

Definitely a big problem. I was not warned either.

I had the procedure a few months ago and was wondering the same thing. I see posts that say "no". I think the truth would be, they Did Not know. But it seems it DOES happen!

I had the procedure last year and have been suffering from this ever since! My gynecologist just shrugged his shoulders when I mentioned it. However my regular doc told me her woman patients that have had the procedure complain about this all the time, it's not coincidence I never had this issue before, in fact I had the opposite!

The same happened to me and it made my partner feel some type of way. He feels like I'm not into hi anymore. Good to know I'm not the only one.

I'm going through the same thing I had the procedure 2 months ago and was never told about dryness and it's irritating.

Wow I was researching this issue online and just found this blog. I just turned 40 I've had the tubal in 2003 and the ablation about 2 years ago because of heavy Cycles and severe anemia. I never had vaginal dryness before the ablation procedure and my OBGYN never mention this as in side effect. I completely agree with everyone that this cannot be a mere coincidence. There should be some sort of disclosure to patients before having this done. I would have still gone through with the procedure because living with severe anemia was absolutely awful. I'm going to try some of the natural remedies to help with this uncomfortable symptom. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences

I am going through the exact same thing. Blood test shows my testosterone is low but i NEVER had these issues before. Dr is wanting me to BioTe pellets & I am having mixed thoughts about it.

I am experiencing the same problem. Has anyone found that things go back to normal or is this a lasting effect? I had my ablation two months ago. It is discouraging.