Hello everyone.

My maid of honor visited my wife yesterday. She is having some heart issues as well (a lot of young people around me are dealing with heart issues lately) and she went to see some good doctor. She didn’t wanted to consult her doctor, I don’t know why.

Well, that doctor told her that they should try mindfulness based cognitive therapy. She wanted to know what this therapy is and we really don’t know. I will find this out.

Now, I want to know what are your experience with MBCT for severe heart conditions?  

Thank you. 

Hello there. Here is what I know about mindfulness based cognitive therapy. This is a philological therapy that is designed to aid in preventing the relapse of depression especially in some individuals with major depressive disorders. It is intent to address MDD specifically distinguished MBCT from other therapies like this, such as mindfulness – based stress reduction and mindfulness based relapse prevention.

This is also a good method for depression, for panic attacks and for severe heart conditions.

I am not sure is this therapy that helpful like others are saying.

Consult your doctor before you decide to make any decision.

Hello everyone. I think that you need to understand what is the mindfulness based cognitive therapy at the first place.

Well, mindfulness based cognitive therapy is designed to help people who suffer repeated bouts of depression and some chronic unhappiness. It usually combines the ideas of cognitive therapy with meditative practices and attitudes which are based on the cultivation of mindfulness.

The heart of this work lies in becoming acquainted with the modes of mind that often character the proper mood of the disorder. It is very helpful in dealing with the depression. But I don’t know what is the connection between it and heart conditions.  

Good afternoon guys. I remember when my brother told me that he needs to use this mindfulness based cognitive therapy - he didn’t know what that is. :) But now I can tell that I am familiar with this topic a little bit. I didn’t have an idea that my brother is depressed. I don’t know exactly how does this diet program has any connection with severe heart conditions. I know that this is an innovative, empirically validated treatment program that is designed to prevent relapse in people who actually have recovered from unipolar depression. Maybe there is some way how depression can affect your heart?

Hey, of course. You are totally right. It is very obvious that heart conditions can be connected with depression, but a very little percentage of the people are familiar with it. The main conclusion of the heart of MVCT lies in acquainting patients with the modes of mind that often characterize some mood disorders. Well, this mood disorder definitely needs to be fixed or even changed for some good health.  

Recently there is a very huge interest for this therapy and cardiac rehabilitation patients often suffer from stress and depression. I believe that now you can see the connection. Have a nice day.