I would really like to hear from people who have had the varicocele embolization procedure and had success with it, this is hard information to come by, because most people don't post anything about it if it worked out for them, most only post if something has went wrong with it.
This procedure has a 93%+ success rate according to medical literature. There would i would really love to hear from those who have had the procedure done and it was successful.
I am having the procedure done hopefully soon, I originally had a procedure date set, and then postponed it, I am now eagerly looking to have it done as soon as possible.

If you wish to go into deeper detail with your pre/post procedure blood test results, hormonal results, and sperm test results. Feel free.

Thanks and Kind Regards

UK

ANYONE at all with success with varicocele embolization??

sir i got varicocele and i like to have non surgical method have any done varicocele embolization pls help me..

I recently (10 days ago) had a varicocele embolization. I did a lot of research beforehand and decided to go with embolization as it seemed much less invasive and the recovery time was quicker.

I met with the doctor the day before and was a bit unnerved to hear that the catheter for the embolization was going to be inserted in my neck rather than leg as I had expected but the doctor was reassuring that all would be fine.

On the day of the op I didn't eat anything, as instructed. They put me in a gown and put a saline drip into my hand (this is to help flush out the contrast dye they inject during the procedure). I watched TV for a couple of hours before they came and wheeled me into the operating room. The theatre nurses spent about 2 hours setting everything up. In the end I was all hooked up and connected and covered by a surgical blanket that left only a small part of the right side of my neck exposed.

I couldn't really see anything but heard the doctor come in to do the operation. At that point they gave me a mild sedative and was pretty relaxed but aware. I felt a slight pressure on my neck and asked the doc if he was about to make the cut. He said "no we're already in". I could feel some movement but nothing really. It was interesting listening to the doctor putting in the coils. After about 2 hours it was done. Apparently the doctor said they also found a varicocele on the right side and that there were so many spidery veins there was no way the surgical method could have dealt with it.

I rested up for 2 hours then went home. I was OK but took it easy for the rest of the day. The next day I took it pretty easy but was able to walk around the shops etc. There was some aching on both sides of my lower stomach. The pain was OK but there was a certain tightness and I just felt a bit bruised. There was some tenderness on the right side of my testes but only when I squeezed them...so I didn't do that.

After about 2 or 3 days I noticed that the varicocele was much smaller. It actually seemed like my whole testis had shrunk (my gf said they were improved). The varicocele shrank for about the first 5 days. I can still feel an enlarged vein at the back so I hope it will keep shrinking.

All in all it was easy and painless.

I had the procedure done 3 months ago and it has been great, it was easy, no pain then and now. However, the other side is now starting to bother me.

i had a the procedure 6 weeks ago in sydney
6 week ago i had 1.6 mill and 1% motility
today i have 44 mill and 40% motility
painless and easy procedure very stoked the best thing is it is still rising. Young dog

THAT IS SO COOL GREAT RESULT

I had embolization done 5 years ago on my left side and it was a great success. The varicocele hasn't returned. It's a really simple procedure definitely recommended it. I had it done in the UK.

I had Varicocele’s Embolization this morning. The procedure explain well above except I was in the OR 1 hr which is average. Mine was to be Bilateral but the right side is very difficult for most because of the anatomy and sharp angles of the veins on the right. He was not able to treat the right side. The left side got 5 inches of coils and that side causes a lot of the discomfort on the right as well. I was very alert and talking with the Doctor during the procedure, though I tried to sleep. Other than the prick for the IV and the Neck numbing shot I felt absolutely nothing. It was 14 hours ago and I have had ZERO discomfort. I'm in my 50's and I did this because of years and years of pain, never heard of Varicocele’s, just started going to a Urologist in the last 2 years. My Nuts are still tender but the Doc said it would be a week up to a month before all past inflammation and discomfort would be relieved. Find a good Interventional Radiologist and have no concerns about this procedure. I would do it again tomorrow. I have been put under General anesthesia 17 times in last 18 years and I was nervous about this "Twilight Sedation" but it went great with no problems or pain. I will update in a month about relief from my long time daily pain.

please any one have experience with Varicocele Embolization share his experience with us !!

I too had success with embolization. I had it done last year on a bilateral varicocele. No pain after or during the procedure and I was back at university the next day. The swelling took about a month to go down and I havent had any pain or swelling since. It also improved my count. 

Can U tell me your sperm count before and after the Embolization Procedure ?Thanks a lot

Any updates Bro ?

How much will the surgical procedure cost? Is there anybody here who can share the costing and the result?thanks

Varicocele Embolization: How Did It Go For YOU??? Good/Bad Idea???