Hello. I am 25 years old and was diagnosed with varicocele when I was 19 years old...but I always knew my left testicle looked/felt different when I was going through puberty at like 15 or 16yrs of age...I didnt have the surgery till December of 2006...so 7 months later...and I still feel everything is the way it was before the surgery...the only thing that proves I had surgery was the incision scar in my pubic area! Otherwise my testicle looks the same as it did before...the pain is less severe than pre-surgery--so I guess that's the only thing...however if I stand for long periods of time or take a HOT shower for like 15 minutes--I notice my left testicle descends alot more and you can see all the veins including the varicocele that looks like a bunch of grapes!! How do I make this go away!?!? It doesnt look bad when I am laying down or during sex...but I dont want people to see such an unsightly thing if they happen to take a shower with me or have sex standing up or something to that nature... are there any exercises to reduce the size of this bad vein?? I already wear tight briefs to support my testicles...any advice?? Or any other stories like mine? My urologist keeps saying its fine...and that it takes 6 months or longer to go back to normal...well its been 7 months and it still looks the same to me!!!!

i m 38 year old male,single.unmarried from DELHI.
I have been operated twice for left Varicocele . first in 1993 and then
in 1996.First surgery was done by PALMOS and the second one was done by
INGUINAL APPROACH.

again after some time varicocele has reocuured on the left side. there is
minor varicocele on the right testicles also. it was never on the right
side. it has just developed on the right side.i also suffer from chronic
constipation.

I have pain in my scar where the second surgery was performed. I
experience pain on my left groin area,left inguinal area and the pain
radiates towards the left testicles. whenever i wear pants with belt i
experience pain on all these areas. i have this pain all the time. it
feels
as if some ball has hit my left testicles.

I have shown to lot of urologists in India as i m from india.they said the
pain i m expriencing is not related to varicocele.Maybe due to Surgery
theres been side effects on the nerves.How can i get rid of This
Varicocele
problem? so the pain may be due to nerves.

They said they can operate me third time but they dont give any guarntee
of
success. it can reoccur again. for pain they suggested me NERVE BLOCK.

They gave injections for Ilioinguinal/Ilio.hypogestric block. they gave
injection around testicular cord .gave lt. Genital nerve block.Injection
was
given in Scar(where the surgeroy for left varicocele was performed).i went
for this nerve block twice a month and this continued till 3 months.

I m again having the same pain . Nerve Block did not help . it only
helped for 20-25 days and then the pain came back again.

Sir how to go about it ? and how to get rid of this varicocele?i might
have
problem after marriage?i have been wearing VIP frenchis for last 10 years
for this varicocele.now for varicocle i have been advised to wear scrotal
support.

DO U TREATMENT FOR MY PROBLEMS?
Thanks

I have a similar problem in that i got my surgery at 18 and to this day experience pain at 24. The surgery lowered my sexual stamina in that the shorter path to the left testicle more quickly stimulates an ejaculation relative to pre surgery when i was able to hold in for over an hour consistently. Now no matter how many pc exercises i do and how much I think of baseball and cold showers during the act, this surgery has forever messed up my stamina and it makes me furious. I have always been sensitive in my balls, so after this surgery, i noticed a reduction in their sensitivity, as well as shrinkage in my right testicle. Seems like the surgeon messed me up pretty bad

I was told i had i Varicocele when i was 14 years old and i am now 18years. I ended up having surgery within a month after i found out. Before the surgery my left testicle was half the size of my right, and now it is atleat twice the size of my right. It also is very much more sensitive it my left but i was told it could possible be like that.
I am going for a check up to figure out why my left testicle is so much bigger than my right, but i could honestly deal with that..... however I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY I HAVE SUCH BAD STAMINA IN THE SHEETS! I read that you have had the same problem and i dont understand why or what i could do about it.. It is so frustrating and embarrassing and i wil do WHATEVER IT TAKES TO FIX IT.
I have read some post that have related to some of my problems but my biggest is the stamina part. Its killing me!
WHAT DO I DO?!
Thanks

I have the same problem I had the surgrey when I was 19 I'm 24 now still pain in my lower abdamen all the way down to my testie I have trouble with bowel movements and a lot of pain docs. Said I'm fine I tend to disagre please contact me at if any help

friends even i had a varicocele surgery on both sides and i still had same problem ,,but it is getting better and better ,, and this is all because of HOMOPATHY ,,,,i suggest only homopathy can improve varicocele problem and after surgery it might occur again as it happende in my case

Homopathy, what did you do?

I had laporascopic surgery yesterday, and everything feels the same, but the pain is gone.
If your urologist says it's fine, than it's fine. try asking other urologist :S

Over 10 years after my vericocele surgery, and the pain (which I never experienced before) pops up every 4-6 months.  My Urologist says it's nothing.  What the hell?  It starts with fatigue, followed by a sensation of stretching a cord in my groin and quickly becomes intense pain.  There's gotta be something that Docs are missing.

I know this is long but this is my experience of having it for 3 years and found out 3 months ago and thinking about how to handling it, well I have varicocele for a 3 years or more now when I notice that I have bulging veins on my left scrotum when I was 15 years old during bath. I am 18 years old now, found out it was varicocele, check by doctor at first when I know this I panic and become stressful of this problem and wonder why do I have this problem and was planning to get a surgery. Now nearly 3 months have pass, I only felt pain once which is when I was masturbating for too long ( what I mean here I suppress myself from ejaculating even though it is going to come out if you know what i mean for 1 hour+ for a lot of times since a few months ago) , I guess that trigger the problem to valves malfunction and worsen it to become grade 2, it was grade 1 varicocele when I was 15 years old I guess. I only felt mild pain since then from time to time maybe once a day for a seconds or more or 3 or 4 days once. Not a big problem for me, of course my parents know this when I told them about it and what they say is take your time and relax and think properly if the surgery is needed because once you did the surgery you will unable to reverse it. Well the thing they told me makes sense, why do I need a surgery when I do not feel extreme pain like some other people do. Well, I can still sleep, walk, eat, play and more. I begin lifting weights 6 months ago and still doing it now using scrotal support or tight underwear. Why stop if I like doing this although the urologist say not to? When workout the veins is thicker but as long as I don't feel pain I will continue doing this. Of course when it comes to eating, eat healthy what I meant is more vegetables, eating no or less fried, smoked and grilled food. Well I beginning to be more flexible of what I do. Eating less fried food and stuff won't kill me since they are all sort of food in the world I can still eat. My advice is don't take surgery when it is not needed and keep the money for future use, it is not like you are getting cancer and it is in its final stage and you are going to die. I know how are all of you feeling. Well if you are scare you will be infertile you can try an alternate ways to fixed it. Just search information about "acupuncture partitioner" and "Traditional Chinese medicine" I am going to try this in the future when I want to have kids if only it fail to make my future wife pregnant. I know this is not the western method and even I don't believe in it but since it cost less and safer than surgery, why don't give it a try? Don't worry about acupuncture you will feel numb only if they are doing correctly. Anyway I am happy that I have a loving supportive parents, brothers and sisters. Sometimes I feel bad about relation between a son and their parents because most of them are very different from my parents. THINK POSITIVE, BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL LIVING AND IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WILL LOSE AN ARM OR LEG. lastly, if you think that you really need a surgery the best choice is microscopic varicocele surgery, the second one is embolization and as you can see if it is possible try acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine if it works please do post here I am planning to do that in the future anyway or do it sooner or later when I am able to find one.

talk to interventional radiologist Dr. Pradeep Muley at fortis hospital, vasant kunj, new delhi for non-surgical treatment varicocele embolization.

have you got a reply to your post. I do have got the same problem . Operated verecocele for nil sperm count. No result after operation. And I expect the same kind of pain that you have. just like a ball hit some 6 hours back. ( light pain) in my testicle. If you have an answer got from somewhere please share. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Where r u from and which Dr did you see?

same thing here. i had tremendous pain after surgery in the testicles. After starting homeopathic course for verecosis, testicle pain, i am getting a good relief on it.

Dear Sir better to get the varicocele embolization which is a non-surgical treatment and required only day care hospitalization, no surgical cut. Dr. Pradeep Muley