I'm 18, and have been having an aching / heaviness / sensative pain in my testicles for 7 weeks now. I have all the symptons of a varicocele, and at first my Urologist said it was a varicocele, but I went for ultrasound testing after and they said I didn't have one.

I have all the symptons, even the 'bag of worms' feeling above my left testicle. The doctor says it doesn't sound serious and if it's not getting any worse I should just leave it. I get the pain atleast once a day, maybe the odd day I won't. Once the pain starts it lasts hours.

It started after I had sex with my girlfriend (not the first time), and the pain is random. It has a higher chance of starting the pain after I ejaculate. I've had urine tests and a blood test, and nothing has showed up. My Urologist said if the pain gets any worse or changes, to contact him immediately, and I might need an operation. Otherwise I just have to wait and hope it goes away.

It's been 7 weeks now and I'm really worried - can anyone please just give me some advice or opinions on what this could be or what I should do? Oh, and the Urologist said he has no clue what it could be, and the symptons have remained the same over a 6 week period (last week was when I saw him last).

P.S. If I'm still having sperm come out of my penis when I orgasm, that means I'm still fertile, right?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

no one replies to my posts....but Ill be a nice guy and reply to yours....im no expert, since im going through nearly the same thing....but a varicocele isnt a BIG deal....if it hurts...try not to sit down for such a long time, if you do....also wear supportive underwear.....the more the balls move around the more achiness youll feel....ive learned this from experience.....

and in reply to your ferility comment....youll always have sperm/fluid ejaculation.....its just the sperm inside of it, wont be as fertile as most.

not only does it "feel" like a bag of worms.....does it look like it too? is there a bunch of thick veins one one side...more than likely the left side of the sac.....?

My varicocele if I even have one (doctor says I don't, ultrasound says I don't, but I can feel it and I have all the symptoms) I can't see it by looking. I have to feel it with my hand and I can easily tell it's there, above my left testicle.

I've read somewhere that varicocele's can sometimes cause infertility, I'm scared if I leave it longer I'll be infertile.. I'm considering surgery to get it removed, what do you think?

I forgot to mention the urologist says I have an 'arc-vein' or something. He says it's normal to have one, every 1 in 5 men have them. This might be what I'm feeling instead of a varicocele but whatever I'm feeling does feel like a bag of worms above the left testicle.

I also have a slight vericicele but unlike you i start to hurt a little when i don't ejaculate within 4+ days. My urologist said if it does not bother me too much he don't want to do surgery . I'f you need surgery all he is going to do is make an insesion and tie it up to put it back where it belongs. if it hurting you too much go have it taken care of its not worth living with the pain . good luck

Iv had a similar experience, went to many docs, a urologist and had a scan all showed up nothing and was just given antibiotics. After researching on the internet i was pretty sure i has a varicocele (mine is painful too). Anyway, requested to see a specialist privately and after seeing him and having another ultrsound sure enough i had one. So if ur sure you have to press to get it seen, GP's arent experts so u need to see a uroligist and show him what u think is the varicocele.

Also u dont necessarily need surgery, there is a procedure called embolization that uses a catheter and blocks the bad veins, research it if u need it. Im having my embolisation in just under a week so if anyone has had it and can say what its like (painful?uncomfortable?post-op?) let me know please.

do try ultrasound in standing position, lying position wont help you finding varicocele im also a patient of varicocele ask your urologist for dis. i hope tyhis will help

I Am 24 years old, and After about 6 months I went to a urologist (3 weeks ago) for constant scrotal pain , the bag of worms feeling, and lumps on the underside of both my testicles and scrotum. During this time, ive also refrained from sex because of the numbness/ dullness pains( plus the anxiety isnt helping). I explained all of this to him.
After a brief exam, he said everything looks normal, did a urinalysis (without telling me results) and said go home and try advil for 6 weeks. When i asked about possible std's, he told me that, visually, there was no sign, however, did not take a blood or even a swab test.(is this even possible?)
After asking him for a referral for another physician who could help, he
ended with the recommendation I see a neurologist because of no obvious cause of symptoms or severe pain and, unbelievably, actually told me he didnt have more time for me because he had patients who were actually dying of cancer.

I was appalled and freaking out at this point reiterating that the pain is often unbearable and insisting that more testing be done.
So, reluctantly, he arranged for a scotal sonogram which was administered while in lying position(Is this correct?), and he said it showed evidence of a variocele,.adding any treatment was unnecessary as it's a common occurence. I was Still not satisifed, so dr. then ordered a CT and I was told to contact the office for results after 1 day . After a whopping 2 weeks of leaving constant messages with his nurses , the dr. returns my call, however offering NO follow up information regarding my initial symptoms; nor even mentioning the newly diagnosed kidney stone; (i.e. size, location, or recommended treatment.) He just encouraged me to go to the doctor again when the initial pain is at its greatest. (Thanks Doc)
I do need to find another doctor but what is the best venue for thorough evaluations in this situation. (After all this urologist is the head of Presbyterian of Dallas.) Ive never had any previous medical issues ...Please Help!!!

if you are worried about the sperm, if you can able to to excrete enough sperm you can still get ur wife pregy but even if sperm comes out but iadequate, you will have hard time to get a baby. sperm count is needed to be sure.

Do you have an update. I have the same thing I think. Constant aching pain but sometimes after ejaculation the pain is almost unbearable. Ultrasound showed I have a varicocele. How are things now? Did you have surgery?

This excat same thing is happening to me :(
Have you got any help yet? Any advice?

Hey guys my left testicle is hurting me for almost 4 years now. Because of my problems, I went to do several testicular medical ultrasound and they noticed I have a small varicocele. The annoying thing is that normally it doesn't hurt, especially when it's small, but mine does, and a lot. I'm still thinking that the source of my pain might not be caused by the varicocele itself, but something else... But since about 5 weeks, whenever I ejaculate it hurts so freaking much, and it's to the point where I don't even want to masturbate/have sex no more... If someone is like me and have any advice/tips on what I could do to feel better, you are most welcome. Maybe even some of you don't feel anything anymore. Please reply !