I have had this disorder for about 2-3 years now, and I finally went to the doctor for it. I saw a Urologist yesterday at 3 pm, and he checked me out, and proceeded to give me an ultrasound for extra insurance. I was diognosed with an advanced varicocele.
pronounced (varih-coh-seel), for those who weren't sure.

I used to come on here alot and I've read literally a billion posts from people who say they have lumps in their scrotums, and aren't sure what it is. And everyone always says "go to the doctor". I agree to go to the doctor, if you are having other symptoms, than that of a varococele.

The common symptoms are:

-DILATED/SWOLLEN veins, normally on the left side of the scrotum, that occur mostly on the top left corner of the scrotum, and can occur underneath the left testicle, if the varicocele is advanced enough.

-Dull ache in the testicles/scrotum after standing or sitting for a long period of time.

-Ache in the bottom left side of the abdomen, near the protruding hip bone.

-Disappearance of the dialation after laying down for a while.

-Dialations can be seen most of the time after a hot bath/shower, or 1-2 hours, post-ejaculation.

-If the varicocle is advanced enough, you will experience pain when the dialted veins are touched in certain areas.

For ALL of those who think they have cancer(like I did) please read this post, and look at the pictures of MY varicocele. These are authentic pictures of my disorder, and I'm here to help those see what it ACTUALLY looks like. If anyone has any questions regarding this issue, feel free to get ahold of me on AIM....my name is Daniel.

out of curiosity, was it always so swollen?

in the last week or two i have noticed a very mild blocked feeling above my right testicle... it doesnt feel like a lump, it feels more like the same tubes as on the left side, only slightly swollen. it pretty much isnt visible at all, though.

any idea if this is similar? i hope i'm just being paranoid!

as far as my condition goes..no. They just recently(in the last year) became as swollen as you see above.

hi daniel,
when you first got this did it start out as a really small lump and grew or..did it just appear because i have 1 pimple sized lump like thing on my right testicle im scared its cancer i know there chances that it isnt but could you please tell me anything about it, also when i touch it i feel a slight ache through my testicle ive had this around 3-4 months now.

hi daniel,
i have one tiny pimple like lump on my right testicle it hurts a little when i touch it i was wondering if your condition started out like this or could you tell me what it is because i thinks its cancer, kinda scares me that im 16 and could be dead within like 2 years :-( i know theres a chance it isnt but it could be.

help would be very much appreciated
thanks

Well, the first thing that should settle your nerves, is that with TC, the main symptom is a PAINLESS lump on the testicle. Now. Understand this. There are many types of lumps. One could be a cyst(non cancerous lump), or it could be just a mass, which also can be non cancerous. normally if its painful..its not cancerous....

It's not a varicocele, hydrocele, spermatocele, torsion, or a hernia. If its a lump/pimple type bump, and is painful, it could be a cyst, or some type of mass. My suggestion, would be to go to the doc, and have him feel it. It just might be something serious, that you could catch early.

As far as dying in 2 years goes....even if you have the worst case of Testicular Cancer(in which you dont)....you wouldnt die in 2 years. With medicine these days, the survival rate with TC is almost certain....go make an appt. with a urologist and get back to us.

how come you're reluctant to get treatment? there are a few treatment methods for varioceles if they bother you.

also, upon further inspection, it feels like my painfull swelling continues behind the right testicle, sort of forming a puffy cushion which the testicle is sitting on. i guess this is more likely to be epididymitis?

I'm scheduled for embolization in a month.

hey daniel sorry to bother you again mate but ive found another pimpe/lump like thing lower down on my right testicle its alot smaller than the other barley feelable could this mean anything %-)

is it ON the testicle? or in the sack? rule of thumb number 1: if its NOT on the testicle, it's NOT cancerous.

yeh theres 2 on the testicle but...they move all the time some how %-) i rarely find them in the same place

bigdaniel; I have been having the same symptoms, I have been aware of these veins around my testicle since I was 20, only just been getting these symptoms, now that I am 42 how old were you when you first noticed your problem?

Let us know how the procedure goes!

I'm 27 years old. I've had a dull to sometimes pronounced pain in both of my testicles for the past 5-6 months. I went in to the doctor twice being treated for epididymitis because I thought it was from bike riding, but when the pain didn't completely go away I went to a urologist. After a "hide the finger" check on my prostate and an ultrasound, he said that I had varicoceles. His recommendation was that I just "live my life", but sometimes the pain can be quite sharp, especially after sex. You can't really see my varicoceles, but you can feel them. I think mine happen to be in the back of my testicles, but I also think I have another one in the top right of my scrotum near the base of the penis.

My concern is that I will have this pain forever, that I might become infertile, and that I have to have surgery to remedy the situation. All 3 kind of scare me. Anyways, it's good to hear about what everyone has done with their situation(s). This is one of those things you just don't really hear or talk about with anyone until it happens to you.

Thanks,
-S

hello, i too believe i have varicocele, (im 26 - had it for at least 4 years) i've been to the doctor but he didn't check the veins, just the testicles themselves and said i didn't have cancer (which is always a good thing to hear)
i'm just wondering should i go back to the doctors?
is there an alternative to surgery?
Thanks in advance :-)