I had an ileostomy reversal 6 weeks ago i now have a very bad anal itching nothing seems to help i have tried all the creams it is destroying my life have anyone that has had this operation gone through the same thing if so how was it cured richard

CALMOSEPTINE cream is the best. You can get it at any pharmacy without a prescription.

Use the flushable wet wipes after wiping with normal toilet roll (youll probably find that you have balls of toilet tissue left, use the wet wipe to pull these out) and then apply timodine cream, prescribed.

Often itchiness is due to yeast (fungal) infections. You can get anti fungal suppositories, cream, or an oral dose; take probiotics after and try an anti-yeast diet to prevent it! :)

I am currently going trough the same thing. Takedown was four weeks ago and none of the creams help. Prep H Cooling even makes it burn worse. The wet wipes with Witch Hazel also, burn.

me too 6 weeks ago and goibng crazy-I have still not ventured out oif the house as I am running to the loo God knows how many times a dayand Night! Feeling worn out and cry alot. aHY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I had my takedown 8 weeks ago and same Prep H cooling makes it worse and the creme a they gave me in the hospital don't do anything

It took me six weeks before I was comfy going out. Driving helped the longer periods away from a bathroom as sitting seemed to help the feeling. Honestly do the Kegal flexes. They help a lot.

Iv just had my reveal on the 1st of this month after having a bag for 2 years. I'm learning how to deal with my ability to poo 'normal' again a little more each day. Everything was going good but for the past week and a bit I have had the most unbearable aggressive itch in one of the most unglamorous places, my bumhole! The mega intense itch usually starts once I have been to the toilet which can be upto 10 times a day. I clean myself with water and baby wipes and thought this was the cause at first but the itch inside my bum is actually caused by the acidity in my poo. After having a j-pouch created, my poo collects in the pouch until I am ready to pass it. This causes the itch as well as having to go to the toilet so many times a day. Its all a new process for my body and it needs time before it starts to act like a colon which will help prevent anymore irritation from occurring. If you have been unfortunate enough the experience 'the itch', you will know that it is one of the most unpleasant things ever but to everyone who is finding a hard time of it, just remember that it will pass. Its all part of the road to recovery and even though I cry now, I know I'll laugh about it later.

Please don't cry...been there done that! It will get better...I going on three weeks out. Doing very well with the exception of itching (on hydrocortisone ) script now. Metamucil daily is helping too!!

Yep...kegal excersise helps!!

Someone suggested Calmoseptine Ointment (over the counter) for itching in the rectal area. I had been using hydrocortisone /steroids. No help..today I purchased the ointment and after one dose have felt better then after trying EVERYTHING!! PREP H, Desitin, Vaseline, alohe etc. I feel so much better with Calmoseptine....keeping fingers crossed. The itching was maddening!!!!

Day 2 on Calmoseptine Ointment.......AWESOME!! NO ITCHING! IT IS OVER THE COUNTER AND HAS MENTHOL IN IT....Three weeks out today...other then trying to get regulated after a year with a bag doing pretty good! The itching was the worst thing!!

Hello i am facing the same problem..please help me I really want to know how much times it takes to recover and what should to do

Hello please help me I have the same problem..can u say how much times it take to recover and what ointment should I use or what have to do please say something