Hi... I am a 21 year old female... I have been experiencing for about 3 months an uncomfortable pain, which includes, itching, burning, rawness in my perineal/anal area.... I am a virgin and have never engaged in sexual activity... so I am wondering what it is? It feels almost like a hard knot under the skin, closer to my rectum than my vagina, or slightly in the middle... Although I have looked with a small mirror and there is no noticeable problem... I notice it mostly after a bowel movement, although occassionally it just itches during the day and oftentimes it burns when I sit... sometimes it itches more at night... and when I wipe a lot, it becomes irritated, and oftentimes I see a tiny bit of blood after I itch... Someone told me it might be a certain type of hemorrhoid... but I live in Central America, and have suffered from ameobas and other infections... could it be a parasite? Is it something I should be worried about? Please help!!!!!!!

I have a similar problem where is started with itching, but now its soreness around the perineum and anus, more towards the anus. Its not just after going to the toilet but mostly during the day.

Have you had any reply?

Having similar issues...thought it might have something to do with the onset of menopause and hormone fluctuations. Now I'm looking into the possibility of "yeast" as the culprit..."candida albicans". I do not qualify as a typically immune suppressed person, nor have I had repeated UTI's, nor do I regularly take anti-biotics. But, I'm thinking that the hormonal fluctuations combined with dietary issues (love of carbs and other sugar containing foodstuffs and wine) and a recent UTI may be pointing to a succeptibility that I never had before.

I am reading The Yeast Connection Handbook... and read about only ONE person who had a "burned bottom", almost like a chemical burn, but not one. I am also bothered more at night...have tried topical anti-fungal ointments for yeast, hemorhoid treatments, etc. I am now going to try the elimination diet and see if I experience relief from the symptoms. Good luck

I have had the same symptoms for the last couple of years. I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis which might be related, but I don't know what to do about treating the perineal symptoms. I also have checked with a small mirror and I see an actual split in the skin. It looks like a clean split, but it does not get any better.
Does anyone have any further information?

I have the same symptoms that you are describing. I have this burning, itching, raw chapped feeling around anus. Sometimes when the chapping is really bad, tiny spots of blood can be seen on toiletpaper after wipeing. I kinda assumed it might be hemrroids so I have been using some typical hemrroid creams and ointments. This seems to help a little but it has never really gone away, and sometimes will flare up worse than normal. So now I am not so sure it is hemroids. I dont know what it is. Have any of you found out or heard anything about these symptoms? Thanks!

Ive got the same symptoms. I dont know about you guys but mine flare up only after a sustained period of exertion, for instance like after a few hard days at work when im on my feet all day/ after football game etc. Same itchy burning feelings and bleeding. I also find its when the weather seems to be hotter than normal so is more frequent in the summer months.

I have put it down to some kind of hemeroids and after a few days rest (weekends) the symptoms go away until the next flare up. Also, I have found that a change of posture (better distributuion of body weight) and hemeroid cream all seem to help relieve the problem.

I have been searching for the cause of my exact problem - even saw specialists and they only tell me "eat more fiber". Your inquiry seems to have only prompted similar questions rather than answers. Have you found anything out by now? Desperately trying to find out.

I am 60 years old and for the first time this past year I have had burning after bowel movements. I will go weeks without a problem, and then suddenly after a bowel movement, a couple of hours later the anal area starts to burn. Sometimes the skin has burned so badly, that blood has shown on a tissue. Although the bowel movement itself did not have any blood nor did the tissue to wipe myself. The slight blood appears only after the burning has been going on for one or more hours or if I have decided to go for an exercise walk. I have noted that this problem seems to happen mostly when I eat out in restaurants or eat high carbs, spicy, alcohol, or sugar foods. Perhaps a yeast thing is going on here. I believe I am having an alergic reaction to something and perhaps my skin in the anal area is more sensitive now that I am older. I had a colonoscopy last year and the doctor found a very tiny polyp. So everything in that area is OK. I would definitely keep a diet journal to see when the flare ups occur. Burning seems to be common, but it is very annoying. I use over the counter "Cortizone 10" ointment for the area that burns and that helps a lot. Also sometimes I feel a hemorrhoid pinch and then know that a hemorrhoid is also a problem. At that time I insert a little dab of "Preparation H" ointment. I am good to go then. But I really must watch what I eat.

For the past week I had the same problem - an itching/soreness/burning of the perineum and anus area. When I took a closer look with a small mirror I realized that I had a cut/tear on my perineum and it's just slowly healing. The burning sensation lessens as each day passes, usually burns now only when I pee in the morning. Hope this helps.

I have had this problem for about a month. I moved from the northwest to the south east where it is 120 degrees outside during the summer months. It didnt start affecting me till i moved to the hot and humid south east. I experience intense itching, burning and a slight pinch in my anus. I have tried drinking only water, didnt seem to help. Ill try eating more fiber. whats weird about it is that it only seems to affect me when i am at work. I am a server and i walk alot during my shift. I sat at home this past weekend and didnt really have to many problems. I did notice today that there was a few small drops of blood on the TP. I read on the net that if you take a blow dryer and dry everything out down there after a shower it could really helo the problem. I did and it help a good bit, but after a few hours or a bowl movement i am bakc to the pain, itching and burning. hemorrhoid cream seems to help temporarily. Anybody got any idea? could it be stress related?

I have been itching around my vagina area- mostly the perineum and the skin around the anus for 5 months now. The itching/burning/prickly feeling is unbearable and worse at night, and when I wipe after a bowel movement. I have had a small hemroid for 14 years but it has never bothered me before so I don't think it's that. I have been to 4 different doctors, tried 7 different medicines (steroid cream, yeast medicine, antibacterial stuff, mucipronin, zyrtex, antibiotics, parasite medicine - mebendozole) and NOTHING has worked. I think the itching started when I started taking Crinone (a progesterone suppository to help with pregnancy) but I had only taken it for a month 5 months ago. Please help!!! Does anyone have any answers?

Im having almost the same exact problems. I also am a virgin and have not engaged in any sexual activities. I would like to know what this discomfort is also.
please help me.

why cant the doctors tell us for sure what is causing this. I have had enough H.C. cream put in my anus to start my on factory it helps but the problems allways come back.

Hi they are called anal fissures. When you are constipated, the pressure of your movement pushes, and builds if you aren't going regularly. When you do go, The built up movement is large, and cause small tears as it passes. There is pain and blood when you wipe, cause you are torn. After a few hours it starts to itch, cause it is healing. Like a cut. If you have a few of these close together, then you will keep having pain and bleeding. Fibre, water, and regular movements are the cure. Witchhazel pads, (Tucks pads) also help. Hope this helps!!!

Watch the powder around the vaginal area! There's been some research on links between talcum/baby powder and ovarian cancer.