Eight months ago I joined a water areobics class in a saltwater pool and for the past five have been itching like crazy!! I've had a pool myself for the past twenty years....but not saltwater and have never had this happen before.  I break out with red bumpy patches, single red bumps, or just itch in an area with no visible rash!  At first the rash/itching was on my inner thighs but now it is any/everywhere!  I have gone to the dermatologists twice but I cannot even sleep the itching is so bad. 

I'm a commercial diver working in an aquarium. I'm in salt water for 4-5 hours a day wearing a wetsuit. After 3 and a half weeks I too have started itching like mad. The water is treated and tested for bacteria and parasites etc.

So at the moment that seems an unlikely cause. I'm thinking it must be the chemicals they use to treat the pool. All i know is that ozone is used and according to what the lab reports say there is a myriad of chemical reactions that occur (its higher grade for me so i don't know any details there... still learning that side of it - I'm just the diver)

Anyway I get red bumps that itch like mad. I get them on elbows, behind knees, inside thighs, shoulders, neck, ankles and the skin on my face is getting light acne but that does not itch. I have always had good skin all over and never had acne so this is without doubt a symptom of the water.

I too cannot sleep its been so bad the last few nights. I simmer ginger, garlic and thyme in olive oil and coconut oil and rub that on myself in morning and evening. Helps for a couple of hours. I eat chopped up raw garlic and thyme (knock it back with water) and take Aloe Vera extract juice to help fight whatever it is from the inside out. Seems to keep it at bay.

But i want to be able to put my finger on this frustrating problem and pinpoint the cause. ANY feed back from anyone experiencing the same thing would be really good.

have you found any remedies or reason to your each? I'm a water therapy parctioner working in the same pool for almost 10 years, 6-7 hours daily wearing a wet suit.
The last 6 months it became hell. Got rashes like you, mostly on the elbows and behind the knees at the beginning but right now is every where and itching like crazy Can not sleep, cannot wear clothes over it...only short shorts and sleeveless shirts. Started last week on the shoulder, on my butt, and on my face too. The company servicing my pool doesn't have an idea what is going on, and I'm literally scratching off my skin. @ steroid shots later and Hydrocortison ointment 3 times daily still not helping.
Help!!!!!! Thank you.