Hi everyone!

I received my Lisfranc injury 08.20.12. My first day on a new job - I walked into the bathroom and slipped in the doorway.  Work took me to the emergency room and they told me I sprained my ankle.  A few days later still high pain I went to see a professional. He saw the bruise on the bottom of my foot and the swelling and sent me for a CT scan the next day. 

The CT scan showed I dislocated between 1 & 2 with a chip off of 1.  I broke 4 pretty bad and of course since I broke 4 - 3 came along with it. 

I did not have surgery (still not sure if that is good or bad at this point - but I am thankful I didn't).

I was non-weight bearing for 7 full weeks. I have been walking with crutches for the past two and it isn't going well. I am not sure how to get to the point of walking in full weight with the "cam" boot. 

I am not sure who I feel worse for - me and my damn pain or my husband who has to do EVERYTHING around the house.  I have a 9 year old & 2 year old. 

Will this get better? 

hi mamalisfranc it's foothealer again!  i wondered if the pain you feel while on crutches is in the midfoot when your foot "pushes off".  that is the pain im having.

Mine is a constant ache. I have it all the time. Sitting, Standing, Walking.

how is it going? I am now down to one crutch. Still aches but not as bad. are you getting better?

Hi foothealer,
I'm off crutches while I'm in the cam boot. It's not comfortable...my hips, knees, my other foot hurt. The dr is worried if I don't get full weight on it I'll have to worry about stress fractures because my injured foot is week. I'm scared - so I'm walking on it trying to strengthen the bone.

It makes me exhausted. For the first time in 14 weeks - I actually sleep. I guess that's a good thing, right? Ibuprofen is MY BEST FRIEND.

how are you doing foothealer - please tell me more of what you are experiencing.

Well i can walk without the crutch but I'm walking "wrong" so they prefer I use the crutch until I can walk right...i go to physical therapy which has helped teach me how to start getting rid of the limp etc. that may be why your hips, knees and other foot hurt. I don't use a cam boot though..i am in sneakers. The foot still aches and is still swollen..he said that could be the case for up to a year. He also said i already have arthritis though that could be from before (since it's only been 14 weeks it is doubtful it is from this injury). I don't seem to feel arthritic pain yet though. Yeah i use ibuprofen but alternate between that and aspirin. it's weird we both are at 14 weeks! (I'll be at 15 this wednesday). He did say my metatarsals are all aligned which is good and that the foot is stable. Last week i finally started to think I'd get through this. You?

I see the dr on Wednesday. I think I'll start PT after that too. I'm so scared he us going to take my cam boot away and have me on sneakers! Eek.
This past weekend I think I finally started to feel like I'm on the outside edge of normal. It's just right around the corner.

I'll report more on Wednesday. =)

let me know!

Mama lies franc what did the doctor say?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It is never easy around here. So I had been off my crutches since 11/24/12. I went to the dr 11/28. He said everything was on track. That being said I would stay in the cam boot until my next appointment 01/07/13 (making it a total of 20 weeks since the injury). He also said I was to start physical therapy (starting with massage until I see him again) Then on Friday 11/30 - I totaled my car. Yup, you read that right. I totaled my car. I hit a cement pillar holding the handicap sign while I was parking...on my way to my first physical therapy appointment. The air bag went off. Cause if you are going to screw your whole year - why not end it with a bang! My foot has been in a terrible amount of pain since Friday - so I went back to the doctor today. He took X-Rays. Everything is okay - didn't re-break anything. I am back to crutches for a week. He said this should only set me back a week. Foothealer. if I didn't have bad luck, what kind of luck would I have? I wonder if I can find my pride - I lost it last week. Then again, I have been laughing at myself ... cause that is about all I can do. Laugh. Can't. Make. This. sh*t. Up.

HOW ARE YOU?

I find it odd that you are in sneakers and I am in the cam boot still.

I cannot believe you totaled your car!!!!!!!   how would a sign do that?  were you going fast?

i'm glad you didn't break anything.  Perhaps i got out of the boot a bit faster (after 10 weeks) because I didn't dislocate anything.  I broke #2 (comminuted),3,4 and small break on 5 but they all stayed aligned for some strange reason!  I did not have the chip off between 1 and 2 which implies lis franc ligaments....my breaks did occur in the joints (two of them) though.  So perhaps because of your dislocations and the fact that you had that chip between 1 and 2 made yours more serious?  Physical therapy is a necessity.  it is a painful, slow process so don't get frustrated.  a lot of it has to do with being in the boot so long.  the toes will be stiff and you'll hurt all over your foot...especiallyh the middle.  you'll be afraid you'll injure something if you move and they'll teach you not to be afraid and they'll also help loosen things up again.  your walk will be messed up...that's what they are working on with me now....it's really hard to get rid of that limp!  my foot still aches and i still limp but i'm trying not to get frustrated.  they are teaching me how to walk which is also painful.  the massages and icing (with game ready) are awesome!!!!

totaling my car: couldn't have been going that fast... I was trying to PARK! but I got some serious damage.

I didn't realize about the chip thing... interesting. I goggled a lot about the lisfranc & everything I read was bad.

I don't think PT will consist of anything but massage until January when they want to get me in the pool for therapy.

Wow... you were in the boot for only 10 weeks and I will have a minimum of 20 weeks. CRAZY on the difference.

My PA today was great. Without actually hugging me - he made me remember that I will be okay. I will be okay at some-point. I will turn a corner.

Foothealer - check in with me often... you keep me grounded on this stupid injury.