WOW, this friend of mine who I hadn't seen for a month or so just called me to say that she found out that she has vasculitis this morning! I was too shocked to really ask much, so I thought it might be a good idea to come on here and ask if vasculitis is in fact life threatening? I'm so worried for her!

Hello there traci291,

I am so sorry to hear that your friend has been diagnosed with vasculitis. Unfortunately this is autoimmune disorder and that means that your friend’s body is fighting against her. Immune system which is in charge for attacking invaders such as bacteria and viruses starts to attack healthy cells and tissue by mistake.

There are few types of vasculitis and since you haven’t written with which one your friend was diagnosed I can’t say if her type is life threatening. Namely, there are few types which can be fatal, but there is type of vasculitis which even doesn’t need treatment.

I hope that your friend hasn’t been diagnosed with the most severe one. Keep us posted and good luck.