I've been really suffering for the last 2-3 weeks. Whenever I try to speak my voice doesn't come out properly, it sounds like i'm choking and people have told me it sounds like i'm about to cry because my voice keeps breaking. Also if I manage to speak then my words won't come out, half my sentence would get swollen up, I can feel my lips and tongues forming the words but it just doesn't come out. Also recently I've been feeling a heaviness down met throat like a lump that is just sitting there. 

Additional information: I'm always so cold which is not like me, it's like i'm constantly freezing ! 

Please help, my inability to speak and whenever i speak i sound like an id**t is very embarrassing and stressful.

Thank you :)

Hello Roshni,

Hope you are better now. I have this problem from past few months. But it has become little more from past 1 week. But When i get angry (like on my kids), i am able to raise my voice and it comes out properly. Otherwise it is same as what you have mentioned. And i also feel very tired after talking :(

Did you get to know what is this problem called? If yes, kindly send it to me.

Thanks,

Anu

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi Anu and roshni i have this same problem and have had it for some years. doctors dont know what it is. i have had lots of tests but they do know now it is not cancer.THnk god. it has got worse over the years. i hate to talk to peole they look at me as if they will cath some thing. but this week i wemt out and a woman spoke to me when i asnwered she said omg you have the same as me. i didnt know what she meant. but then she said you voice is same as i got.. i said doctors dont know what it is. she said i have not met anyone with the same as me til now. its called sarcoidosis. so now this week i will go back to doctor and show him the paper she wrote it on. hope this helps you both good luck

I saw an episode of mystery diagnosis where a lady had a raspy voice when talking normally but when yelling it was normal. She was diagnosed with spasmodic dysphonia.

Hi, I have the same problem and of course, doctors do not quite have a solution. I feel the problem comes from the stomach. Either allergy to certain foods or acid reflux which is affecting the throat. All of that is basically the same. In my case, and I must say I do observe my body carefully, I feel there is a huge amount of mucus caused by the effort the digestive system has to make to process certain foods. Grains, flours, pasta, food that is not freshly made, it makes all worse. When I eat fruits, freshly pressed juices like carrot, celery and apple my voice gets better. Hope all this helps.

Hello! Same thing happens to me as well ... I also suffer from stammering at the beginning of my speech... To counter my stammer, I take my stomach inside and then I try to speak.. it's like holding your breathe for a moment... If you know any answer for stammering, do help me out... It drastically brings down the confidence level!