Hi, my legs are swollen and painful, I have medication but if I take it I go to urinate every half an hour and become dehydrated. I know that it is important for my heart disease to take them, but still is there any more pleasant way to deal with the disorder.

Water retention is causing increased amount of blood, elevating blood pressure and additionally putting heart under pressure. Diuretics can help, but you must be careful with them as they can induce loss of important minerals, such as magnesium and potassium, and doing more harm to the body. If water is staying in legs it suggests veins insufficiency and heart being unable to deal with all amount of blood. So, heart medications for stimulating contractions are beneficial. There is also a different approach , which proposes that by drinking more fluid you will induce your body to excrete it .