Hi, folks. My daughter has been diagnosed with vasculitis. Before this, I have never heard about this disease. I was wondering if this disease could be caused by some virus since my daughter has often common colds. Could this really be viral? I would really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello. The direct cause of vasculitis is not known. It is believed that it is an autoimmune disease. It means that immune cells attack the wall of those small and medium sized blood vessels. Experts don’t know what trigs that. Viruses can be one of the trigging factors. Skin forms of vasculitis can be caused by the direct penetration of the virus in the skin. I hope your daughter will be fine. Good luck with all! Bye!

Thank you for your answer. I think that my daughter has cutaneous form. I have found out something more about vasculitis and I see that there are systemic forms as well. This is not my daughter’s case. Tomorrow we will go to the specialist and find out the treatment options.